The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Burnt Smell

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    Hey fellas.. got that burnt smell whenever i drive the G. I checked around the exhuast mani area and nothing seems to be touching it. checked my wheels cause i might be rubbing bad, but also not coming from there.. I've been kinda busy lately and i haven't got the time to really inspect it.. but any you fellas experienced this kinda thing.. I'm thinking that it could be under like around my exhaust pipes. maybe some plastic got stuck and it's starting to burn.. but i hope it's just that.. well i'll probly check it out tomorrow and i'll give you guys an update.

badbishi
    When do u smell it, hot, cold, lemme know and i'll get back w/ u.

You might have an exhaust leak, check all your gaskets, manifold, etc.
    A ricer is someone who believes that lights, stickers, useless parts, stupid driving and any other abnormal or dangerous driving habits help them in their need for speed or attention.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Exhaust leak should smell like exhaust not a burning smell. Check the fues box?
    7g for life!

Is it definately coming from the engine bay? Does it smell like rubber? Do you hear any noises? More info.....u might wanna check to see if your timing belt is not being burned up by your water pump. Happened to me before the first time the water pump seized on me. Second time it happened it did it without notice on the freeway and it was bad news.

Lo§'s 99 GTZ

last time i had a burning smell, it was from a plastic bag that got caught on my cat. i had to dremel it off.

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    last time i had a burning smell, it was from a plastic bag that got caught on my cat. i had to dremel it off.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: okay now fellas.. thanks to all the replies but yah know what?? just like qnz, there was a FUc!@$ black plastic bag wrapped around my damn exhaust. how it got there.. IDK.. but heck i've been kinda busy lately that i haven't really been paying attention to my galant but it was just a damn trash bag.. wew.. good thing..

glad to hear it was only a bag!!

Lo§'s 99 GTZ