The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Freeway Stall!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 41
    Experienced TGC Member
    DeJa Vu All over again!!!!!!!!!!

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    The Mitsu Gods must not like Black 8gs that roll on black wheels with a polished lip :P
    7g for life!

Quote Originally Posted by ChuloMxcn

Thanks. Well I already gave em the go ahead and the car is already kinda stuck there. But good lookin out on that! I guess we'll see what else is wrong with it....hopefully not much.

Which did u do? Im guessing not D.
    i went ahead and got a remanufactured engine. a used engine is cheaper i agree but can also be a can of worms since you don't know what its been through. the reman was way more expensive but at least i get a warranty and the engine is practically new so its like the engine is back at 0 miles. if only the rest of the car had 0 miles on it too.

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    The Mitsu Gods must not like Black 8gs that roll on black wheels with a polished lip :P
    i have silver wheels with a machined lip.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Staten Island, New York. & Piscataway, NJ
    i feel your pain man...

when my timing belt snapped, i was on the highway, doing like 75.

my valves didnt get bent though.

cost be around $1000.

Quote Originally Posted by chromey
    i feel your pain man...

when my timing belt snapped, i was on the highway, doing like 75.

my valves didnt get bent though.

cost be around $1000.
    Damn I wish that was only the problem with mine. Looks like there are bent valves as everyone here guessed. They did a quick check on the front 3 cylinders and they noticed it and said they'd have to take it apart to see exactly what damage we're lookin at. But yea it looks like a valve job w/ new guides and pretty much a whole new rebuilt top half of the engine. DAMNIT!!!!

I guess I dont really have a choice right now but to fix it and it'll last for a while i would assume. Any ideas on what little things I can have done to help out performance wise while they're in there replacing stuff?!

Lo§'s 99 GTZ

Experienced TGC Member
    i feel ur pain so much right now....... I found this place on the northside that will put in a remanufactured engine for 1500.... I just gotta come up with the money

this is what happened to my Galant... I had to swap the whole motor....
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Damn I wish that was only the problem with mine. Looks like there are bent valves as everyone here guessed. They did a quick check on the front 3 cylinders and they noticed it and said they'd have to take it apart to see exactly what damage we're lookin at. But yea it looks like a valve job w/ new guides and pretty much a whole new rebuilt top half of the engine. DAMNIT!!!!

I guess I dont really have a choice right now but to fix it and it'll last for a while i would assume. Any ideas on what little things I can have done to help out performance wise while they're in there replacing stuff?!
    Port & Polish, Titanium valve retainers.....

How often should one change the timing belt? I have 80k on my G and i do not think that the belt was changed ever before.
    Still representing for St. Petersburg, Russia

Quote Originally Posted by spetsnaz
    How often should one change the timing belt? I have 80k on my G and i do not think that the belt was changed ever before.
    It should change every 60k according to Mitsubishi.

dont forget these cars also have balanceing belts that need to be replaced along with the timing...
    paid4.....99 galant

check tearstone's site... he's got a bunch of internals....

Galant 2.4L page

Eclipse 2.4L page

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    damn, that sucks man.

Well looks like tomorrow may be the day that I finally get it back. Its been forever since I've driven it. Luckily I was able to borrow a car for work lately so at least im not getting stuck with rental fees or anything. Damn I really miss my car!!!!

Lo§'s 99 GTZ

So I get a call today that my car is finally ready and guess what. He said that there is another black GTZ with a frozen water pump that caused the same thing that I just had. What is it with these black Gs. First the shitty paint and now these water pump issues. Anybody else having water pump failures? FYI...I have been keeping up with my maintenance too!!

Lo§'s 99 GTZ

How much did it run you to get it fixed?

I havent picked it up yet but they told me about $3200 last time i talked to him. So we'll see.

Lo§'s 99 GTZ

I havent picked it up yet but they told me about $3200 last time i talked to him. So we'll see.
    remanufactured engine or head work?

my water pump froze too. but thats not what caused my problems. when the tensioner failed on mine, there were chunks of rubber flying everywhere inside and that rubber got all over the water pump and thats what froze it.

but yea, reman is not gonna cost 3200. maybe if u find a cheap used engine but defintely not a reman. especially if that cost includes labor.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Sounds like a lot of work. I thought you can get those old 60k engines that they send over here from Japan and just drop them in for much cheaper. Should have a couple shops see if they can hunt some down for that option.

Hmmm, if that much engine work needs to be done, perhaps you can get some nice upgrades while they're in there ;)

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast