The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Cracked Dash

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
    Hey all! My 8g's dash has like 2 cracks in it. Its more towards the winshield on the driver's side. Anyone has any idea of how to resolve this problem other than covering it up? I want to replace the dash completely but that's just a thought. Thanks for any input in advance!

kev

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    the only real way to fix it would be to cover it re wrap it with new vynil replacing it would work as well and is probroblly the best solution if you choose to keep the factory interior schemes rather then eventually going custom

Quote Originally Posted by fatal1
    the only real way to fix it would be to cover it re wrap it with new vynil replacing it would work as well and is probroblly the best solution if you choose to keep the factory interior schemes rather then eventually going custom

sounds good. what would the d.i.y. difficulty be? and if so...any tutorial on hand? thanks :D

make sure you remove the negative terminal to your battery so you do not mistakingly deploy any air bags

take out the screws

to wrap get the required amount of vynil and apply a strong glue adhesive

let it dry

screw the screws back in

connect the battery

not too hard more or less time consuming to wrap it, to change the dash is just as easy as taking out a few screw and putting them back in

awesome. this should be fun. i'll slowly crack at this. thanks for the info/quick directions. :D

Mine is hella cracked too. I'm not sure about whether I want to change my interior scheme yet, I kind of like the grey leather/vinyl my GTZ came with. I'm wanting to wrap the top of the dash with the same grey as the bottom part. Anybody know where to get matching vinyl? Thanks.
    })({ Heather })({

- "If you never take risks, you'll have a wasted soul."

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterbyfilms
    Mine is hella cracked too. I'm not sure about whether I want to change my interior scheme yet, I kind of like the grey leather/vinyl my GTZ came with. I'm wanting to wrap the top of the dash with the same grey as the bottom part. Anybody know where to get matching vinyl? Thanks.
    it would be hard to find the exact color just keep checking local fabric/ upholstery stores

Awesome. Great feedback and what not. I think my friends and i will 'practice' with cf since some of them had experience with it. They said it wasn't fun nor easy. Ah well....gives me something to do when I'm stuck at home with all the rain in Seattle. Thanks fatal1.

Calipso
    Check out "Vinyl dash" in search. Several members have done their custom dash the last few months. It is a little time consuming to strech the vinyl the correct way, may be a two person job. Just don't plan on driving your Galant right away because no airbags + no dash wouldn't be too much fun.

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    damn!! we all got cracked dash..

Calipso
    I don't right now ::Knock on wood:: but then again I throw loads of armor all on it. I'll be wraping it with vinyl in the spring so if it cracks oh well.

Censee
    might wanna add just a dab of krazy glue gel on the crack tip just to keep it from geeting bigger in the mean time..