The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: EVO oil cap

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

EVO oil cap

Anyone know what type of oil cap the evo has? Is it like ours or is it the screw type? I'd like to get the one in the link below since mine is broken.

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.c...1930_115313861

nah, thats not gonna fit. we use a 710 cap.

Quote Originally Posted by qnz

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    I guess the V6 cap is different? I used my OEM cap from my 4G64 on my EVO motor for a few weeks.....
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

this is the 710 cap on my engine

it looks like some people are more about jokes than actually answering the question correctly.

i know it fits, but I wanted to get you some proof. so i went to the source of your picture and i found this page click click and if you're too lazy to click on the link, it says

If you've lost or damaged your factory cap, or if you'd just like a fresher-looking one, this is what you need. Also fits every other Mitsubishi motor we know of. (Not Chrysler motors, though.)

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Thanks Allen. I've always known all Mitsubishi's to have the same oil cap, but seeing that the Evo is really JDM, we all know they do things different over there.

Brian, the 4G64 and 6G72 have the same oil caps, so if it fits on your Evo motor... Not sure why you thought the V6 was different from what I typed.

The Ralliart one is the coolest. The real one. Not the crap they sell on eBay with a Ralliart sticker on it. Unfortunatly the cheepest I've ever seen it in the USA is $90 (eek). Comes in blue too.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    what's the difference... It looks the same and serves the same purpose... just get a billet one and put a sticker on it 8) It's like buying something in chinatown.. no one know's it's actually fake... Just tell them you spent 90 on it

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffylou87
    what's the difference... It looks the same and serves the same purpose... just get a billet one and put a sticker on it 8) It's like buying something in chinatown.. no one know's it's actually fake... Just tell them you spent 90 on it
    the ebay oil caps will destroy your engine because the lock/spring that holds the cap in place will fall off and into the engine.

for like $15 its not bad at all. considering all other real oil caps are like $40+.
    Your signature is too long.

i have an ebay oil cap. i've had it for years. got it for like 2 bucks or something. i did hear the rumors about the cap falling apart so i bought a tube of thread lock also. when i tried to take it apart to put some thread lock on the screw that holds it together, it wouldn't come off so i said screw it since if i couldn't take it out with a screwdriver, i doubt it was gonna fall apart.

but yea, time to replace that too, its starting to leak so im looking for an oil cap. doubt i'd get an evo oil cap though just cuz i don't use mobil1 engine oil

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    but yea, time to replace that too, its starting to leak so im looking for an oil cap. doubt i'd get an evo oil cap though just cuz i don't use mobil1 engine oil
    http://www.slowboyracing.com/more.php?id=2078&

MD 363392

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Yeah, just get it from the dealer... if you want custom, with no problems... paint it... that's the cheapest....

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr
    Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    http://www.slowboyracing.com/more.php?id=2078&

MD 363392
    yea, thats the one im considering. machv has them for 10 bucks and since they're local i'll just swing by the next time im around.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Never again will I buy a metal oil cap haha. That crap gets hot! Cant take it off without a rag or letting it cool. Plastic > metal haha!
    7g for life!

Actually I double checked on an evo cap... I took one off one of the 9's we have in the showroom and you can actually peel the sticker off of the top of the cap... where it says mobil 1 synthetic only... it's not cheap though.. it's like a plastic sticker... don't worry I didn't take it all the way off... the customer won't know a thing...