The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: paint application for 8g grill

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    syncere187
    hey guys, i am new here and i just wanted to first of all say whuts up to all members of this site. but i am posting this topic on the 8g grill because i am in the process of modifying my grill(i have an '01 galant). i have already cut out all of the fins and sanded everything down nice and smooth. it looks real nice considering this is the 1st time ive ever done anything like this. im not sure what happend the 1st time i tried to paint it. the paint just did not seem to want to adhere to the grill, so i stripped off all of the chrome finish. now i am just wondering wether or not i should hit it with a few prime coats before applying the silver paint, or just go ahead and blast it with a few coats of the silver paint. if there is anyone out there who has done this before and could assist me with this lil' project i would be greatful. if this topic has already been posted before i apologize, i did do a search before i posted but nothing came up on this particular topic. thanks again guys! peace

primer is always good....

TGC Regular
    scuff up the whole thing really well with some 400 grit sandpaper.
    Spray it with some primer sealer, paint, then clearcoat.

Need some paint or bodywork done in Chicagoland or NW Indiana???.. http://www.alsautobodyexperts.com/

Calipso
    Keep this to 8G forums, but the best guys to ask about grille modifications are SLS2000 and Phil. SLS2000 did mine and it's friggin sick.

Don't mind the dirty car.