The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Homedepot $5 Camber Kit

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Homedepot $5 Camber Kit

Thanks to skillz911 for confirming that this does in fact work:
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Skillz911:
    Hey guys, After getting my car lowered and Aligned My rear camber on the right was at -2.7 and left -2.3
    After slapping the home depot kit on today I went to get the alignment done once again. My rear right is now at : -1.7 and Rear Left -1.3 having 5 washers per bolt will exactly shave off a -1 degree as you see it did for me.
    You could actually see the difference in the slant of the tire. When I lowered the car off the jack the wheels stood more up right || as opposed to slanted / &#092;.

Here are the two helpful links that I used when doing this.
    http://www.geocities.com/tonykhar/ca.../camberkit.htm

These are pics of the job from RRE.
    http://www.roadraceengineering.com/3g/rearcamber/

Hopes this helps anyone out who plans on using this method- It works great.</div>

Also a note from Danger Danj:
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>All of you guys doing the home made camber kit, should make sure you get bolts that are 10.9 hardened steel. If you get anything less, there is a chance the bolts could shear off. </div>

well i guess that didnt work out since the link is broken. does anyone know the specs for the bolts your supposed to buy?
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

nice post but there's is a way to revive old threads...

What happened to the list for the Home Depot camber kit? I know I've seen it, but I be damned if I can find it...I found two or three links talking about it, but I know someone posted a list of exactly what you needed...any body know where it is?

Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Experienced TGC Member
    i need that camber kit...after i put my 18s+alignment

Is stainless steel going to be good enough or not? the home depot here is very slack and all I could find was zinc plated stainless steel. Do I need to wait or is that going to be good enough?

do you know what class of bolt that stainlesss steel bolt is?

if you don't i wouldn't risk it. 2-70 and A4-80 are the most common class of stainless steel bolts i believe and they aren't as strong as 10.9 and 2-70 isn't as strong as 8.8.

if you can't find the right bolt, try searching the internet, or think about buying a premade kit. it might be a lil bit more expensive but it you shouldn't have to worry about possibly shearing the bolt down the road.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Ok here's the deal. I can not get the 10.9 around here unless I'm a contractor. Even then, I'd end up with a whole box. I can't get just the 8 bolts that I require. So I guess I'm just going to have to suck it up and buy a camber kit. This sux...

If youre looking for an affordable one...i found one on www.ultrarev.com. They got an Ingalls one that does +/- 3 degrees for 39.99. they also got magnecor wires starting at 56 bucks i think. My friend bought stuff from there for his accord and no problems...pretty cheap in my opinion. At least you'll have a lil more cash to give to the alignment guy.

Here you go!
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

Quote Originally Posted by dronesurfboards
    If youre looking for an affordable one...i found one on www.ultrarev.com. They got an Ingalls one that does +/- 3 degrees for 39.99. they also got magnecor wires starting at 56 bucks i think. My friend bought stuff from there for his accord and no problems...pretty cheap in my opinion. At least you'll have a lil more cash to give to the alignment guy.

Here you go!
    good site...thanks alot :)

Experienced TGC Member
    well i guess that didnt work out since the link is broken. does anyone know the specs for the bolts your supposed to buy?
    IDK maybe you missed this?

Sticky: NO QUESTIONS! TUTORIALS ONLY!