The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Camber gurus where art thou?

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
    Calipso
    Got my alignment done finally, put the steelies back on for the winter. My specs are kinda ok, but still.

Left Front Camber: -0.30
    Right Front Camber: -0.50

Left Rear Camber: -1.70
    Right Rear Camber: -2.00

Now from what I've researched if the camber be positive or negative, match the exact number in the back they cancel each other out and won't cause the car to pull any particular way. My car rides smooth now, but I know that I will need to get a camber kit to do this. I've been reading up and the "preferred" camber is
    -1.33 in the rear. If I drop the right rear camber to match to the left, will that still be sufficent?

From what I'm reading on the chart that my rear cross camber is supposed to be +0.50. Right now it is +0.30. Will that small ammount make a huge difference on the wear and tear on my tires?

I've had the Tein S's + KYB AGX's on since July so I am guessing they have definately settled by now. Any insight will be apperciated, and yes I did search for answers to these questions but nobody put up exact numbers when it came to the nessicary camber spec's.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    the alignment shop will have factory specs for your car on the computer; you should set it to them. factory specs doesn't neccessarily mean zeroed out (0 camber all around)

you want a tiny bit of neg. camber in the back, no more than a degree. half a degree should set her right
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

I have a -1 deg camber all around, my shop can camber as much as I want (and still cover lifetime warrenty), but I need a camber kit that can really go -2 or even -3. What brand can do that? I currently have a camber kit all around that I got from Discount Tires. Suggestions? I want such a bad camber cause my offset makes my wheels rub if I lower them. Plus it looks nasty as the tires/wheel stick out a bit all around. NEG 1 Degree is nice, but im thinking -2.0 (front) and -2.5 (rear) max....
    Accident. Deemed Unfixable. Got a check for it.

ingalls has a camber kit that does +- 2 degrees of camber.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Quote Originally Posted by Sillyasianz
    I have a -1 deg camber all around, my shop can camber as much as I want (and still cover lifetime warrenty), but I need a camber kit that can really go -2 or even -3. What brand can do that? I currently have a camber kit all around that I got from Discount Tires. Suggestions? I want such a bad camber cause my offset makes my wheels rub if I lower them. Plus it looks nasty as the tires/wheel stick out a bit all around. NEG 1 Degree is nice, but im thinking -2.0 (front) and -2.5 (rear) max....
    ur gonna go through tires like crazy if you go down to -2, -3. gotta cut those fenders. that's the better option.

Vic cut the inside of my rear fenders, to have them rolled would cause my molded kit to crack, atleast thats what the guys @ Takumi Project told me. So im down for a -2 max camber. But I dont drive as much as before anyway. Its been 2-3 months and im at 1500 miles since my last oilchange...I use to do 3000 miles ever 3-4 weeks!
    Accident. Deemed Unfixable. Got a check for it.

Calipso
    Quote Originally Posted by peanotation
    the alignment shop will have factory specs for your car on the computer; you should set it to them. factory specs doesn't neccessarily mean zeroed out (0 camber all around)

you want a tiny bit of neg. camber in the back, no more than a degree. half a degree should set her right
    I'm reading my stock specs for 2001 Galant ES and it says prefered is -1.33 in the back with a minimum of -1.83 and a maximum of -0.83. So why no more than a degree?

edited
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community.dl...d=94647&ck=

read this, well if you wanna make your own camber kit
    2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
    JDM 5 SPEED 4G64
    TO GET TO A MAN'S HEART....IS THROUGH 4G64 egh and may be through 4B11T

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    ingalls has a camber kit that does +- 2 degrees of camber.
    according to there site the front goe's to a -2, but the rear only goes to a -1

shane
    Much Respect.

Be Blessed.
    Shane

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Calipso
    I'm reading my stock specs for 2001 Galant ES and it says prefered is -1.33 in the back with a minimum of -1.83 and a maximum of -0.83. So why no more than a degree?
    i assumed the 7gs would be within the same specs; that's what the computer told me for my 7g when i did my own alignments...no more than a degree
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

For racing purposes I'm looking at going to -2 to -2.5
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

well if you figure out how with an 8g let me know
    Much Respect.

Be Blessed.
    Shane