The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Pro Stop rotors any good?

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
    I have started having problems with my front brakes during the past 2 weeks. I have been using OEM replacement rotors for the past year and now I think one of them is warped. I never heard the squeaking noise you get when the brakes are due for a change, and the car still was stopping really well. This past 2 weeks though I noticed that the passenger side front tire starts shaking like crazy when I have to get on my brakes at highway speeds. I checked the wheel and it is on tight. I have had this problem before and the lsat time it was a warped rotor. Does anyone know why my passenger side keeps getting the warped rotors and not my driver's side? Ok on to the topic of my thread. Are Pro Stop rotors any good? I called Autozone and they want $67.99 per rotor. I decided to give Pepboys a call for the sake of comparing prices and they only want $21 per rotor for the Pro Stops. I love to save money so the Pro Stop price is attractive, but I dont want this to be a "You get what you pay for" type of deal. Anyone using these rotors? The guy at Pepboys told me they are made in China. I dont know if China gets a bad rep for brake parts or not. Just thought I would throw it out there.
    "A mile of road takes you one mile...A mile of runway takes you anywhere."

pro stop and power stop are two different rotors in two different price ranges made by two different manufactuers. which ones are you talking about?

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Damn I was trying to type and work at the same time and got confused. I am talking about the Pro Stop rotors.

Pro stop are the brands pepboys uses most often. My bro had 'em on his carolla and it was better than his oem.

I will probably give the Pro Stops a try since I would be saving $92.00 on rotors alone. I have become use to the OEM rotors after replacing my cross drill slotted rotors with OEM the last time around. I am fine with anything that is on the level of OEM or better.

save ur money on the pro stop at pepboys they are no good for our cars alot of people that i know that have 8g brought those rotors and brakes right back to pepboys

Quote Originally Posted by jessblazed
    save ur money on the pro stop at pepboys they are no good for our cars alot of people that i know that have 8g brought those rotors and brakes right back to pepboys
    Hey Jessblazed can you explain a little more? What did people not like about them on the 8G?

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar
    man dude... think about it.... they are your brakes... what stop you from hitting something. do you really want to cheap out on safety???? i say you save up a little bit and buy something legit. my .02
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

they still make a loud ass squeaking noise when u use ur brakes they just didn't feel right to me when i used them plus the guy at pepboys told me that pro stop are cheap shitt

Quote Originally Posted by n3oAcid24
    man dude... think about it.... they are your brakes... what stop you from hitting something. do you really want to cheap out on safety???? i say you save up a little bit and buy something legit. my .02
    That is exactly why I am trying to get more info on these rotors. I hate to say it, but just because a rotor cost more does not make it better. I got the cross drilled slotted rotors and I paid less for them than I did for OEM rotors. The CDS rotors worked way better then the OEM and for less money too. Thanks for the info Jessblazed.

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UAL Tripple 7
    That is exactly why I am trying to get more info on these rotors. I hate to say it, but just because a rotor cost more does not make it better. I got the cross drilled slotted rotors and I paid less for them than I did for OEM rotors. The CDS rotors worked way better then the OEM and for less money too. Thanks for the info Jessblazed.
    well i told you in person about the Brembo's man. i have them on my car and i wouldnt buy any other rotors. my brake setup has saved me from a few accidents already. thats what i was trying to say. a lot of people here have the Brembo or Power Slot. everyone says great things about them. yes they are pricy but they are worth it.
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

Acid I had the Brembo brakes before with the Metal Master pads. I Got them for less than the price of OEM and will order them again if I can get a good deal on them again. The one thing that held me back from getting them was that they did not last as long as my OEM style rotors. I might have got a bad set though.

Experienced TGC Member glantv699's Avatar
    I have Pro Stop in the rear, and the rear only. For such a low price I knew they wouldn't be great rotors and they reacted to the elements rather quickly. Gotta love a rusty brown rotor- so attractive. Anyways, when it comes to front brakes save up and get the better products, you'll be glad you did in the end. I know you said Brembo didn't work out for you, so maybe try PowerSlot. There is no way in hell I'd want Pro Stop in the front end of my car....

Consider the fact that front brakes do about 85% of your braking and then asses your options- seems like an easy decision to me.

> TGCPA - SOUTHEAST
    > 2010 Evolution X SE #183 of 340 (1 of 54 in Octane Blue)
    > 1999 ES V6 (Sold 2/2011)

ditto. can't really put a price on safety.

Jackfrost770
    i got some pro stops and they rusted the next day.... wheres the best place to get brembos?

Safety First...

Brembo dealer : USA (found on Brembo website)

The Tire Rack 574-287-2316

Buybrakes.com 1-800-853-3599

Keystone Automotive Operations 570-655-4514

Arrow Speed 913-321-1200

AJ USA 858-452-8900