The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: advice....?

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    spfdgalantes98
    so a guy i know from our local tech school wrecked his eclipse and is sellin his 14b turbo...he said he could give it to me cheap [it's in good shape] for like a 100-200 bucks.....so my question is what will i have to do to make this work? i have a stock 98 es 2.4 sohc....what will i need? manifolds,injectors etc...and will i need to upgrade my tranny or exhaust? idk if its worth the money. i would appreciate any advice. Thanks

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    take everything you can get from tyhe car involving the turbo system, you should upgrade your tranny so it will not blow and to get the full potential of the setup you should redo your exhaust system but it will work without upgrading (the sooner the better) if you posted the year and specs of his car it would be better, if it is possible i would take the entire manual tranny system and do a swap depending on his year eclipse, unless you are already manual

spfdgalantes98
    Quote Originally Posted by fatal1
    take everything you can get from tyhe car involving the turbo system, you should upgrade your tranny so it will not blow and to get the full potential of the setup you should redo your exhaust system but it will work without upgrading (the sooner the better) if you posted the year and specs of his car it would be better, if it is possible i would take the entire manual tranny system and do a swap depending on his year eclipse, unless you are already manual
    well all i know is it was a 1g eclipse....and it was a 5 speed

spfdgalantes98
    ok he told me he will sell me everything below the exhaust manifold and above the downpipe for 250 bucks is that a good deal? and i cant get the transmission unfortunately

The 1g manifold and o2 housings are pretty much "throw away" in the DSM world. That sounds like a lot of money for just a 14b, unless it was just fully rebuilt. I don't know if you guys can reuse the water and oil lines so keep that expense in mind as well.

Experienced TGC Member
    I think you could do better than that price. I wouldn't pay more than $150 for that stuff locally.
    ASE Certified Master Automotive Tech
    2000 Galant ES = Daily Driver
    1996 Galant Turbo + 5 speed & lsd = fun ****SOLD****
    1992 Galant VR-4 #372/1000 Kensington Grey ***SOLD***