The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: somewhat a racer

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Showing results 61 to 66 of 66
    Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

You telling me this isnt a racecar 8)

IN all seriousness nitrous isnt to be taken lightly but with the proper set up it can be safe.

The bottle warmer example was not an example of an explosion but more an overpressurized container, this could happen with any sort of gas thats overheated, flammable or not (which nitrous isnt). The situation could easily be avoided with a proper blow off valve, if you've ever experienced one go off, its scary as hell but nothing really happens other than papers go flying about the room. I scuba dive and have experienced a blow off valve getting tripped at 4200 psi, fortunatly the guage recorded the maximum pressure so the tank was tested before being put back into service, but its no biggie if you have a proper valve.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

Quote Originally Posted by chris cuz
    The factory intake was a bitch to take out.....But the aftermarket went in with tremendous ease!
    I dunno how an ebay CAI, sound system and a duralast red top battery will consider yourself as a racer

Until I actually start doing stuff to the car my beats will stay put, but I just haven't gotten around to taking stuff out or changing stuff

If your serious about track racing I would start with suspension first. Strut bars, sway bars, camber kit, solid motor and tranny mounts, coilovers, etc. Racing courses suspension will be important.

Quote Originally Posted by G-spot
    I dunno how an ebay CAI, sound system and a duralast red top battery will consider yourself as a racer
    Besides I just started to even attempt to make changes to the G, soon the battery, CAI, and sound sys. will be altered.

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by 8gV65spd
    If your serious about track racing I would start with suspension first. Strut bars, sway bars, camber kit, solid motor and tranny mounts, coilovers, etc. Racing courses suspension will be important.
    The 5spd swap will be a good investment, as the added control and lack of downshifting out of corners will give tramendous reductions in lap times. Not only that but as I'm finding out the auto will not last more than a season of autocrossing. If your truely serious about racing the biggest mod is the one on the driver, get as much seat time as you can and if they are in your area go to what is known as an EVO school, its expensive but well worth it. Do this and before you know it you'll be whooping up on RSX's and Integra's in an underprepared G.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234