The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Downpipe/turbo

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    Alister_McRae

Downpipe/turbo

I was reading a turbocharging site just feeding my brain more info for when i get ready to have it put in. And i came across something that caught my eye, here is what is was "List of MUST HAVE parts................
    4G63T Downpipe (aftermarket or custom 2.5" - 3" preferred)." Arent downpipes extremely illegal, and you'll fail emissions horribly? And how to people here with turbos pass?

many states don't comply with CARB restrictions so they have the easy way of going through this. also depending on the model of the car, a downpipe doesn't have to actaully replace a cat like it does on the cali spec car. just gives for better flow. also you can pay off the guy @ the emissions station to pass u up

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Alister_McRae
    So a downpipe on a fed would be ok, its the cali's that put out the emmission problems with the downpipe?

it all depends on the state u live in and the emissions. like in many states you can't touch the downpipe unless u replace it with somethign that is CARB approved. i mean even if the stock like on the feds is just pipe, it might have an effect on emissions. on the cali specs, a downpipe can be legal too but, in many states you would again fail emissions or inspection for not having that cat

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

man, if u go with turbo u r going for power obviosely - so who cares about emissions????
    find someopne who works for the smogplace give hgim some mula and u set
    Check out my ride at:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/djgalant

The only 8g west cost 4g64 Turboed Galant.