The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 18x7.5

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    I need a definate answer as to fitment, before i put money into the bigger tires. I'm lowered on Eibach Pro-kit, no camber correction in the rear, so they have a good angle. Will a set of 18x7.5 with 42mm offset, with 225/40/18 tires, fit without rubbing, and without me rolling the rear fender? If anyone is running this setup, please let me know.
    2003 Dover White Mitsubishi Galant ES

1997 Tarmac Black Mitsubishi Eclipse GST

yes it will work i am running a set of 18x7.5 and i am on tein s-tech springs, no rubbing issues at all fit ment is fine 8)
    Much Respect.

Be Blessed.
    Shane

Quote Originally Posted by shaneb
    yes it will work i am running a set of 18x7.5 and i am on tein s-tech springs, no rubbing issues at all fit ment is fine 8)
    You have 42mm offset?

another member has wheels with those same specs. dangerdanj. he's lowered probably lower than yours since he has teins but the only big issue for him i recall was his camber. with "perfect" camber it would rub on the fender, but with slightly negative camber (which is good) he can clear the fender better. i don't see him around alot here lately but if he does find this post, i know he'll chime in.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

this is what my galant looks like on my 18x8 et38 its close but with the negative camber it dosent rub at all. even with people in the back. so you should be fine. I'm on Intrax springs too which are a little lower. If I were to go any lower though I would rub on the part of the tire that sticks out right before the lip.

yes 42mm and my g is lower than that as i have tein's 8)

and there are no issues
    Much Respect.

Be Blessed.
    Shane

Experienced TGC Member o1naturalhigh's Avatar
    i got 18x7 40 offset...lowered on teins

no need for the camber kit for me...no rubbing issues...oh...225/40 for the tires

Thanks for all the replies guys, that was an awesome help. I'll be ordering the 225's as soon as i get my next paycheck.