The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Mitsubishi TMR 380

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 32

Mitsubishi is determined to convert the TMR 380 motor show concept revealed in Sydney this morning into a production vehicle.

The fiery red 380 features a supercharged version of the 3.8-litre V6 engine developed by West Australian-based specialiast Sprintex. Power increases by 31 per cent to 230kW and torque by 29 per cent to 442Nm.

<span style="color:#FF0000">Mitsubishi boss Rob McEniry revealed potential customers had already tried to place orders for the TMR 380 after sightings on the internet.

"We have been a little embarrassed by that, so we are going to have to move this along pretty quickly," he said. "It's just a matter of working through the homologation."</span>

McEniry suggested that some components may come to market as accessories, while a two tier model range could also be considered. A version with the concept's aggressive bodywork could be on-sale this year, while a higher-spec version that adds the performance parts could appear in the first half of 2007.

Pricing for a full-house production TMR 380 is far from sorted, but the most obvious established rival is Ford's Falcon XR6 Turbo. It retails for &#036;46,405. The most expensive 380 is currently the &#036;44,990 GT.

The TMR 380 was one of two supercharged concept cars shown by a local manufacture at Darling Harbour today. Toyota also presented its Aurion Sports Car Concept, which will produce 240kW when it goes into limited production mid-2007.

The Mitsubishi takes its name from Team Mitsubishi Ralliart, which runs the company's Australian Rally Championship campaign and also performs road vehicle modifications.

TMR put the show car together at its Melbourne base, based on Mitsubishi's design brief of improving the performance and appeal of the 380 while delivering the flavour of the iconic Lancer Evo series.

It also presented a hotted up version of the Lancer Evo IX named the TMR 220. Aimed at sprint and hill climb enthusiasts, the 220 goes on-sale in January with pricing expected to be pitched between &#036;75,000 and &#036;80,000.

The TMR 380 includes Ralliart developed six-pot brakes at the front and four-pot Brembos at the rear, a 50mm lowered ride height, adjustable Koni shock absorbers, 19-inch alloy wheels and Goodyear Eagle F1 rubber.

Externally, the TMR 380 has a full body kit and twin bonnet scoops. Features inside include Recaro leather seats and a Fujitsu 10 sound system

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    sweet! but where's the super charger?

We wont see it over here.

Back from the dead!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 9G
    sweet! but where's the super charger?
    i see it.
    its black
    and its in the back of the engine bay near the firewall bolted onto the backside of the intake manifold plenum(it probably replaces the plenum but just so you know where to look)
    you can see the pulley on the far left.
    its a roots blower

my god man,
    its just soooo HOT

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Now they want to jip the 9g owners

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr
    i see it.
    its black
    and its in the back of the engine bay near the firewall bolted onto the backside of the intake manifold plenum(it probably replaces the plenum but just so you know where to look)
    you can see the pulley on the far left.
    its a roots blower

my god man,
    its just soooo HOT

Haha, you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by G&#045;spot
    Now they want to jip the 9g owners
    Not necessarily - from the post above:
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>McEniry suggested that some components may come to market as accessories</div>

So that may mean that the supercharger would possibly be available as a bolt on for the 9Gs.

^^that would be nice but i think you will need the intake manifold too but other than that, this should fit the 9g v6s.

Quote Originally Posted by 9G
    ^^that would be nice but i think you will need the intake manifold too but other than that, this should fit the 9g v6s.
    If the supercharger becomes an accessory for the USDM models, i think it replaces the whole intake mani anyway.

That thing is stupid nice man. Now, I know what to do with my father's car if he gets a 9G :firedevil: that front bumper is pure sex.. so are the headlights... and I would take those tails over GTS tails anyday....
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

thats a sexy galant, lets just hope that they go throught with selling the parts as accessories also so you 9g guys can have some good options.

Man that car makes the ralliart look real weak
    1994 GS DOHC 2.4L 5spd (For Sale)
    1996 S SOHC 2.4L 5spd (Up and Running)

Quote Originally Posted by Joaltava
    thats a sexy galant, lets just hope that they go throught with selling the parts as accessories also so you 9g guys can have some good options.

Man that car makes the ralliart look real weak
    X2, man thats HOT!

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    The car looks HOT. Love the brakes...real nice

Its odd to see a Supercharger in a Mitsu...but whatever makes reliable respectable power. The wheels look like the new 350z equipped wheels.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

TGC Regular
    man that grille and bumper are hotttttt

when is we gon be free????

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    hot!!! another ride the usdm guys have to drool over!!

Proto
    great styling.

Awwww man thats so hot

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

They really should bring it over here. There's no real reason not to do it other than epa potentially shitting a brick, but I think the emissions are the same on most all the "World engines" so that might not be so much of a problem. It would certainly put the 9g in a class on its own as the Accord, Camry, Altima, and Maxima couldnt keep up. All you got is the MS6 and the Legacy GT.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    never thought the 9Gs could look so hot!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast