The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: i am having problem with my headunit.

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    Experienced TGC Member
    i had my indash for over 2 years and yesterday i ran over a big bump without braking and the it started making this static noises from the speakers, now the sound comes and go when my car moves of goes over little potholes. all i have in the back of unit is a power shocket and other wires that are bypass to my factory amp and ground wire......
    i cheaked everything is perfect in the back and all the wiring i get pictures but no sound now
    so whats the problem.

did you check the connections on the amp??
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

As you said, the video is fine, so the head unit and brain are most likely good. If only the sound is having issues, I would imagine its something with the stock amp that you are talking about. Especially if you're getting it when hitting bumps, a connection has to be loose.

You checked the back of the head unit and think its all good there, have you checked all of them at the amp and brain?

Shitty deal because its hard to trouble-shoot something if its only having problems when you're hitting bumps. It may take a while, but I would go through all the RCA connections and speaker connections to the amp and brain. If ALL speakers have the static, not just one or two, it would have to be an RCA issue, not a speaker wire issue.
    8G Galant GTZ-juiced, 275 hp
    1G Eclipse GSX-pushin 400 whp-09/22/06 12.33 @ 113mph

The best of both worlds...

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SinSere
    As you said, the video is fine, so the head unit and brain are most likely good. If only the sound is having issues, I would imagine its something with the stock amp that you are talking about. Especially if you're getting it when hitting bumps, a connection has to be loose.

You checked the back of the head unit and think its all good there, have you checked all of them at the amp and brain?

Shitty deal because its hard to trouble-shoot something if its only having problems when you're hitting bumps. It may take a while, but I would go through all the RCA connections and speaker connections to the amp and brain. If ALL speakers have the static, not just one or two, it would have to be an RCA issue, not a speaker wire issue.
    no i have not cheak the amp....I think it could be the amp and the connections. beause the video is fine its the audio thats messed up

Quote Originally Posted by furiousgtz
    no i have not cheak the amp....I think it could be the amp and the connections. beause the video is fine its the audio thats messed up
    You also might want to check the connections at the speakers them selves. If those wires touch or touch metal, it wll cause the same problem you're talking about.
    MECP First Class Certi-fried installer.

For the right price, nothing is impossible.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    something must have gotten loose and is touching or not touching the ground correctly. Like everyone else i suggest you go over your wiring.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Calipso
    Sounds like the ground isn't properly connected like bronx said. I had the same problem for 2 weeks. Took the HU out, regrounded it, haven't had any issues since.

As the other members said first check the Amp connections.