The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: evo III o2 housing

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
    any one try or running the evo 3 o2 housing. Reason i ask is that its at an angle different from the 1 and 2g eclipse which could possibly give us better clearance. ?? I ordered one and im gonna test fit as soon as i get it but i was curious before hand.
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

let us know when you get it. im curous on finding out
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

galant2002
    hey, did the evo3 o2 housing work let us know

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    The only difference between the EVO o2 housing and the regular USDM o2 housings is that the runners are MUCH larger than the USDM ones. They flow ALOT better. They will fit and work...no modifications needed to accomodate a EVO 02 housing.

The inside of the housing is a full 2.5" all the way through, that is a big improvement from the U.S. stock item. Internal volume is 500 cc, about 20% larger than a ported factory housing

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    It has a different angle? News to me.

Evo3 on the right, stock 1g on the left

Evo3 on the left, stock 1g on the right

7g for life!

Grim it sounds like you are describing the exhaust manifold.

Yes the Evo3 O2 housing has a different angle than the 1g/2g.

Quote Originally Posted by steveVR4
    Grim it sounds like you are describing the exhaust manifold.

Yes the Evo3 O2 housing has a different angle than the 1g/2g.
    yeah i've seen many a thread on tuners about how they can't get the o2 housing exit to line up with their downpipes.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

im gettng a custom downpipe so it will work --but it has an inward angle moreso than the 1g/2g o2 housing.. Definitely nice and beefy thought.. It points more to the inside towards the center of the engine
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

so it works along with the a/c? oir what
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

have not fitted it yet-- im taking my car next week to the performance shop to get a dp made -- ill find out then if not im gonna have them make custom ac line..

Experienced TGC Member
    Actually the evo3 o2 housing is bigger than the 2g o2 housing but doesn't flow as well because of the sharp exit angle. The 2g has a smooth bend in the runner while the evo3 has a sharp bend. And like said above it has a different exit angle than the 1g/2g o2 housings.
    ASE Certified Master Automotive Tech
    2000 Galant ES = Daily Driver
    1996 Galant Turbo + 5 speed & lsd = fun ****SOLD****
    1992 Galant VR-4 #372/1000 Kensington Grey ***SOLD***

supposedly its the other way around -- from my own view i can see straight through the evo3 o2 much more so than the 2g o2 housing so i would think that the evo3 is better but ill never dyno both or flow test em so .. but my main concern is the evo3 o2 flange being in a better position than the 2g.. either way im taking the car to get a downpipe and if need be custom ac lines...

evo 3 o2

the evo3 o2 is too big to fit... had to go with the 1g o2.. if anyone wants an evo3 o2 its up for grabs...