The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: CHEAPEST WAY TO ADD BOOST

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 27 of 27
    Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    you guys have deep pockets man...

The best, cheapest most reliable way to boost your car's performance is...

Stickers!

The more random the location of the sticker the more power it'll put out..trust me.

I'm already pushing like 250hp on $20 bucks!
    -Pedro

Pedro how much HP did you get from the ghost sticker.....lol!?

Back from the dead!!!

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    a dyno proven 45whp... YO!!!!!!!
    -Pedro

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Seriously guys, give the guy a break. If you arent going to contribute to the thread then dont post. He wants to know the cheapest way and still be reliable. He is not wanting the cheapest turbo kit ever, he wants to know how much it would cost to get a reliable kit together.

And if its done right, using used parts from a j-yard, eBay, or DSMTuners, you could piece together a kit for under $2k. The reliablity issues is more in the tune, if you are cautious, use a wideband to tune, it shouldnt be very hard to make the car reliable. Look at Brandons(old car), Peanos(old setup), Grims setup, they all are driven dailey or somewhat dailey and were put together from new and used parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Calipso
    Price seems a little too low to be true, then again it's for a 4G63, I don't see it being a direct bolt on......it would probably take ALOT of work to get it to hook up to ours.
    This kit would work. The quality may not be quite there. If you do end up buying it, definitely take all the piping and the manifold to a welding shop and have them look it over. Maybe add a few braces between the two flanges on the manifold. For some reaons though it looks like it is missing one 90* bend in the IC piping. The IC piping may not fit 100%, but its not hard to make it fit. You would want to upgrade to a 1g turbo Throttle body so the piping would bolt up to it, other then that, a little cutting of the piping and it would fit.
    7g for life!

Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombr
    alot of modifications is right.
    like what??
    1990 GSX(91 eprom ecu set-up)
    6-bolt jdm (GVR4)
    16G turbo
    3inch turbo back(flowmasters)
    510cc
    OSTRICH
    FMIC
    ___trying to learn the art of tuning___

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Cheap and Turbo does not go together.

Your best bet is to budget built your turbo kit from scrapping parts from 1g or 2g Eclipses being parted out. You can get the manifold, turbo and the misc pipes for the coolant and oil feed and return and bolts here and there. Injectors and resistor pack and other misc stuff also can be bought real cheap too. Probably the most costly stuff is the piping for your I/C and new custom exhaust work.

In reality ...expect to spend around $1000, thats a ballpark figure, it could be more. You don't want to go cheap when you turbo a car. When I mean cheap...I mean by taking short cuts work quality wise and buying cheap quality parts. By all means...its possibly to get some good quality stuff at a good price if you shop for the good deals. Not ALL my stuff I bought to turbo my car were new...some stuff was used. THOUGH..I strongly suggest though when it comes to seals and gaskets I would buy new ones.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    i suggest he jettison his turbo dreams for awhile. And watch a few more F&F movies, I got the boost bug and im not taking any shortcuts with my setup.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12