The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: MAFT in a 7g

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
    Legal4Now
    so i was thinking of different ways to run my intercooler pipeing for when my turbo build is done, im relocating the battery in the trunk for some more room, my question is, is tehre a way i could wire um a maf-translator? from a 1g or 2g dsm? insted of using the mas sensor thats stock, i could use the 3"GM mas sensor, and even vent the BOV valvue, anyone ever look into this? any feedback will be appreciated

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Would be the same exact setup as a MAFT in a 2g. I dont think you realize how similar a 4g64 in a Galant is as the 1g/2g DSMs. The stock 7g MAS IS a stock 2g MAS.
    7g for life!

Legal4Now
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Would be the same exact setup as a MAFT in a 2g. I dont think you realize how similar a 4g64 in a Galant is as the 1g/2g DSMs. The stock 7g MAS IS a stock 2g MAS.</div>

so basically all i need is a maft from a 2g turbo and itll be for the most part "follow the included directions"?

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Yes you would buy a MAFT for a 2g, not from. As stock 2gs have the same MAS as you.
    7g for life!

might as get one now and get it installed and practice tuning.
    you'll see a gain right away, and you will have some understanding of how the unit functions.
    then when you raise the stakes to the turbocharged kind,
    you will be ready.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Legal4Now
    thanks seth for the help, good idea DOHC, if im the first to do this, ill let you guys know how it goes, im not sure if ill see much of a difference right away, didnt install the 450 cc's or welbro190 yet

if you can afford it get the GEN2 maft.
    it is SOOOOOO much more adjustable than the original. it has more precise and more range of adjustment than the safc2 or even the new safcneo.
    puttign them to shame.
    it also has a feature,
    where you just hook the translator up to your wideband o2...
    and whenever you go wot...
    the unit tunes your a/f ratio to exactly what you want it to be.

so if you want your a/f ratio to be exactly 10.8,
    then you just floor it, and the maft will add fuel whnever you go leaner, and take fuel whenever you get too rich. giving you a perfect and worry free tune.
    how sick is that?
    thats a feature you normally couldn't get without standalone.

its definatly worth the extra cost.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    i'm definitely going GM Maft when i go turbo again
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Has anyone installed the maft gen 2 with wideband yet and if so were there any problems wiring it up on a galant compared to a 2g? Just wanted to get a heads up since i just bought one and will be installing it somewhere around the end of the month.

Experienced TGC Member
    So which is better? GEN2 maft or emanage?

Experienced TGC Member
    No problems here with the gen 2 and wideband. There is no difference in wiring it between the 2g/7g.
    ASE Certified Master Automotive Tech
    2000 Galant ES = Daily Driver
    1996 Galant Turbo + 5 speed & lsd = fun ****SOLD****
    1992 Galant VR-4 #372/1000 Kensington Grey ***SOLD***

Thanks for the info ... Any noticeable gains?

Experienced TGC Member
    Update now you can log off of the maft gen 2 using tunerpro http://www.fullthrottletech.com/showthread.php?t=2723
    ASE Certified Master Automotive Tech
    2000 Galant ES = Daily Driver
    1996 Galant Turbo + 5 speed & lsd = fun ****SOLD****
    1992 Galant VR-4 #372/1000 Kensington Grey ***SOLD***

Has anyone used the pro? i was thinking bout going with the 2 but started reading the pro and it dont look to bad

i was thinking of going with the pro but did't have the extra hundred or so bucks and also the only real difference between the gen 2
    and the pro is the ability to go speed density so it didn't seem worth it in my case because i don't really plan on using speed density.
    but that just my .02

Quote Originally Posted by bmxmike
    Has anyone used the pro? i was thinking bout going with the 2 but started reading the pro and it dont look to bad
    pro will do stock mas, gm mas, or full on speed density.
    it also has a full electronic closed loop boost controller.

its a very very sweet setup.

with sped density you have instant throttle responce, zero intake restriction, less restriction mean more top end from better airflow.

i coudl go on and on abouot how the pro is better, but i don't have the time.
    I'd spend the extra hundred bucks, even if i didn't plan on going SD right off the bat.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Well i plan on going turbo and was looking at the pro cause the after i got the turbo all ready i could just hook it up and would have what i need right there and run density instead. Im really thinking bout it exspecially since im saving $150 on the dohc heads i found

Just finished installing my gen2 MAFT and with a little help troubleshooting from sleepervr-4 it's running even better than I was on the stock maf especially at idle. Throttle response is much nicer too.