The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Fog Lights Question

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
    Lately I have ben having problems with leaving my foglights on. Someone told me a relay switch would help with this. So I went and bought a foglight wiring kit. I am unaware of what a relay switch looks like and what it does. Can someone look at this pic below and tell me if the box im holding is the relay switch.

CLICK BELOW ON THE "PIC" LINK

Pic

Uuh....What pic?

Quote Originally Posted by AVERAGE
    Uuh....What pic?

Check the link out!

that link isnt working, say I dont have permission to access it or some junk like that

Quote Originally Posted by Armageddon Sunset
    that link isnt working, say I dont have permission to access it or some junk like that
    X2, there is a tutorial about that written by IKORTY.

Picky no worky,there Tito...

Quote Originally Posted by macknati
    Lately I have ben having problems with leaving my foglights on. Someone told me a relay switch would help with this. So I went and bought a foglight wiring kit. I am unaware of what a relay switch looks like and what it does. Can someone look at this pic below and tell me if the box im holding is the relay switch.

CLICK BELOW ON THE "PIC" LINK

Pic

i'm not sure i understand what you are saying... do you want the foglights to stay on when your heads are off, or do your fogs stay on when the car turns off?? because the latter of the 2 is friggin weird man...

THe way I have them now, they are wired directly to the battery. So I can turn them off/on at my leisure. I like being able to have them on without my headlights being on. But I need some kind of switch that would turn them off if the car is off. Hopefully that clears it up.

sombody correct me if im wrong, but instead of just connecting the positve side to the battery just put it in an empty fuse slot, and shove a fuse over it to keep it in place, ground the other wire some where and it will turn off when you turn your car off. ( a ghetto way of doing it but it will work) there is also a tutorial on that relay switch around here somewhere but its really hard to figure out

Quote Originally Posted by rl1634
    sombody correct me if im wrong, but instead of just connecting the positve side to the battery just put it in an empty fuse slot, and shove a fuse over it to keep it in place, ground the other wire some where and it will turn off when you turn your car off. ( a ghetto way of doing it but it will work) there is also a tutorial on that relay switch around here somewhere but its really hard to figure out
    Hell yeah; that's why I haven't touched it yet. I want to do the same mod but I would rather go a different route than what Ikorty did. The other tutorial was rather...."advanced" for my wiring skills......
    It all boils down to me wanting to use the stock switch.

a spst relay is gonna have 4 prongs to it.

from the + battery terminal, go to a fuse, then from the fuse go to the 30 prong of the relay.

from the 87 prong of the relay, go to the switch and then from the switch to the + end of your fog lights.

ground the 85 prong.

and for the 86 prong, you'll need something that turns on with the car, and off with the car like the cigarette lighter or the ignition. and connect those two together.

now you can still use your switch but, only when the car is on. if the car is off, the lights automatically turn off.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

could i use the 86 prong of the headlights to make them go off when the car goes off?
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

u could use the headlights as the trigger (86) but they way i have it wired up, you can still turn the lights on even without the headlights on.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Cool. thanks,pinoyesv6.