The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: BOOST

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    JEFFRY
    HEY MAN IM ABOUT TO SWAP THE 4G63T IN MY 7G GALANT AND IM CURIOUS HOW MUCH POWER THE STOCK TRANNY CAN HOLD? OH AND HOW MUCH BOOST WILL A STOCK 4G63T HOLD I HAVE HEARD NUMBERS OF 550 ON STOCK INTERNALS. ANY INFO WOULD BE APPRECIATED

if you were really or are really about to drop a 4g63t into yoru galant you shoudl really already know the answers to these questions.
    you have a lot of research to do, and i can't help you

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    the stock tranny can't even hold the stock horsepower over 100K miles, so you're going to be rushing it to the finish line of death even quicker with a 4g63T.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Stock 7g Auto trans doesnt hold power, it just falls apart
    Stock 7g 5spd trans can hold power, I really dont know the numbers but I know Sabzi was over 300whp and his trans was fine.

Stock 2g Auto trans can hold 300-400whp if I remember correctly
    Stock 2g 5spd trans can hold more, no clue on the numbers.

Stock 4g63t should be able to hold 400-500whp untill the headgasket goes, then with a Cometic headgasket and ARP headstuds, it should be pretty reliable at that power. THis is with supporting fuel mods. Complete stock motor and fuel system, you wont be able to boost over 15-16psi, with better fuel 18psi is fine, with the aftermarket head gaskets and studs, 25psi is achievable with enough fuel.
    7g for life!

JEFFRY
    THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO AND I HAVE RESEARCHED IT ALOT 400-500 ON STOCK INTERNALS IS WHAT I HEARD AND IT WILL BE IN VERY SOON THANKS FOR THE INFO SETH

JEFFRY
    What setup are you running in yours now and at what boost?