The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7g status

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    Some history...

About a year ago, I was sitting in traffic when my foot slipped off the brake and hit the gas. I ran into an RV and bent up my header panel ("T" bar in parlance), hood, front bumper, core support, and knocked my passenger headlamp way out of adjustment. About two weeks ago, I decided to take care of all of the above and do some modification while I was at it. Unfortunately my dad went into the hospital for open heart surgery around the same time. So what should have been a 3-4 day project has now taken almost three weeks as I've only worked on it 4 hours per week.

Now I have cleared corners, Silverstar headlamps (high and low beams), re-cleared the headlights and turn signal housings, titanium bulbs in the turn signals, re-painted steel wheels, and installed my Prothane rear swaybar bushings. On top of a new bumper facia, header panel, and straightened hood and core support.

The car now looks 10X better than it did before, but I have to say something about clearing the corners: trying to do it with a hairdrier is STUPID!!! I tried it for 30 minutes and got NO WHERE. Granted trying this on a 40* day in an unheated shed probably isn't the best place to try this but still....I found an easy hand on a propane torch worked better and faster.

Now all I need is a fender liner, and the three diamonds emblem for the header panel.
    Staying busy is important. After all, idle hands spend time at the genitles.

heheheh well you could try baking them, thats right baking, in a oven set for 275 or 300 degrees for 5 minutes, correct me guys if thats wrong?? post some pics up of your ride man let us see it
    2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
    JDM 5 SPEED 4G64
    TO GET TO A MAN'S HEART....IS THROUGH 4G64 egh and may be through 4B11T

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    doesnt take but so much time with a blow dryer, bout 10 minutes a side. I dont trust using the oven to do it and will be investing in a heat gun soon.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Though, I did find a use for the hairdrier after all. (ther than drying hair) While I was wet sanding I neglected to realize I left about a 1/2" gap in the silicone near the warped-up corner. About a soda bottle cap full of water seeped in. Using the hair drier to blow warm, dry air through the housing got 99% of the offending water out. I'll have pictures in a few days.
    Staying busy is important. After all, idle hands spend time at the genitles.