The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Another Lowering Question

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    I just blew out my drivers side front strut. I talked to my mechanic and he quoted me around 600 bucks to do all four struts, and that was just factory replacements. Since i plan on putting rims on in the future, should i get a lowering kit, or just get the replacements. P.S. if i do lower what kit would be best for a small drop, with a decent ride to it

BTW i forgot to mention that i have a 2000 LS with all original suspension

i say go ahead and go for the drop. get some kyb shocks/struts. i have the kyb gr2's but a lot of people went for the kyb agx since they are adjustable. if u are looking for a small drop look into the eibach kit. i have the tein s-techs which i would say are a medium drop and the progress springs have a more aggressive drop. but then again thats if u plan on goin with springs, u could always do coilovers which would be tight but more expensive and you lose some ride comfortness.

Lo§'s 99 GTZ

wow 600 seems like alot to me

i did tein s tech and kyb gr2 + labor for about that price!

im in the same boat as last poster, so yeah, def look into eibach if u want a semi drop lol.

edit: by the way, the reason i dropped was BECAUSE struts were blown. so i was in the same position as you. if you plan on lowering anyways, might as well do it now since to replace strut, u gotta touch the springs

I've been looking for the eibach springs, but all i can find for the galant is just the springs, shouldn't i replace the struts/shocks with performance ones, or just have the regular struts/shocks put in?

Man we got my drop done in a parking garage. Fully done with the whole 2" Eclipse Eibach lowering springs and shocks/struts. All you need is tools and muscle.

if you think about it about 600 isn't that bad for a shop to do it.

if he uses and aftermarket replacement parts is gonna cost like 250. a lil more than that if he uses factory parts.

then he's gonna mark up the price of parts so he can get his cut.

labor.

shop fees.

4 wheel alignment.

and if you add that up it could quite possibly come up to about 600 dollars.

but yea, if u wnat to save some money in the long run, lower the car at the same time so you only have to pay for labor, shop fees etc, one time.

but yea, for a small drop, eibach pro kit, h&r springs.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Quote Originally Posted by galant2k0
    I've been looking for the eibach springs, but all i can find for the galant is just the springs, shouldn't i replace the struts/shocks with performance ones, or just have the regular struts/shocks put in?
    when looking for suspension parts look for the 2000-2004 Eclipse as well. We share the same parts.

Lo§'s 99 GTZ

Yep thats where I got all my suspension from. 2" Eibach sportline all around.