Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 62
    interesting, more options :)

kurtz7485
    That website is down all the time. : :-(

It seems to be working now

Nov 10, 06
    12:40 Eastern

I wonder what the final price will be on this.

hmmm.....

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    tgc.. best place for new info.... on Gs... keep us posted with the progress.

I just wanted to bump this thread. check out pages 4, 6 and 10 for pics.....he basically has it finished and should have it up and running by mid-april he says. AWD in the 3g, fucking amazing....who wants to be the first to go AWD in a USDM 8G?

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Very cool. The Mirage guys do this swap allllll the time, but Im sure its much more straight forward. I shall do the swap one day. Maybe this summer :)
    7g for life!

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    Very cool. The Mirage guys do this swap allllll the time, but Im sure its much more straight forward. I shall do the swap one day. Maybe this summer :)
    Seth, with the 7G is there any clearance issues with the driveshaft?
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

shit, if anyone wants to sponser or fund this for me I'll do it. At my current rate, I'll be able to get the money for this mod in like 20 years.

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

I'm working on getting to where I could fabricate a new front cross member. A tubular member with provisions for the DS and transfer case would be a doable project.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

This means I can drop in a VR4 engine when I win the lottery right?

this is only for the I4 guys using the EVO tranny.....if you use the VR4 engine (6a13tt) you would need the 6a tranny....the only other option is the 3KGT tranny but thats paired up to a 6G72...are the 6G72 engines and tranny's compatiable with the JDM 6a13 engine and tranny's? I dont think they are, but I could be wrong and thats a completly different project under speculation with the 3G guys.

OK so I'm 100% confused now.

I THINK I have heard that the DOHC 6G72 in the 3kGT is pretty much compatible with the Eclipse tranny if that helps. I don't think it does. Wow. Confused. :|

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    :smt017

Quote Originally Posted by mindwerkz
    This means I can drop in a VR4 engine when I win the lottery right?
    when you said this did you mean the 3kgt vr-4 or the 8g vr4....I thought you meant the 8g so I gave that big confusing speach....other wise yeah the DOHC 6g72 can be paired with the Eclipse tranny. as a 6g7x engine can be paired to any 6g7 tranny. but that link isnt about the engines, its about converting our FFwd cars to AWD like the EVOs.

I'd be fine with either engine. sounds like the 6G72TT will be about a million times easier. maybe.

yeah it should be....or just go with the 6g74, and turbo that thing....you could try the DOHC swap from the 6g72 3kgt to the 6g74, we might have the clearance for that head.

EDIT: on topic, HOLY SHIT! it is finished and it runs! VID! would like to see it on the road to see how it runs with the full cars weight on it rather then it being of jack stands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBQBIC5ofLU

i havent read the whole thing over at 3g yet but hopefully we'll have a final price and part list for this

so why wouldn't this work with the VR4 6A13TT ???

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    It would work. ?
    7g for life!

hey guys what if you buy the complete front clip from the 8G VR4 so youll have all the components needed? :idea:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast