The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Turbo help

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    mustangcobrasvt98
    Bought a Turbo from a friend at work. A TE04H. It came with the blow off, boost controller and some aluminum piping with mounts and stuff.. How do I know where the vaccuum hoses go between things. I can get a pic if anyone needs it. Also, I was told this turbo's wastegate pops open at ~8-10PSI. Planing on putting this turbo into a 8G V6. any help would be good, I know a bit but not enough to put it in by myself.

Quote Originally Posted by mustangcobrasvt98
    Bought a Turbo from a friend at work. A TE04H. It came with the blow off, boost controller and some aluminum piping with mounts and stuff.. How do I know where the vaccuum hoses go between things. I can get a pic if anyone needs it. Also, I was told this turbo's wastegate pops open at ~8-10PSI. Planing on putting this turbo into a 8G V6. any help would be good, I know a bit but not enough to put it in by myself.
    eiher do a ton of research (on turbos in general and specifically on our 3.0l SOHC v6) or get a good speedshop to put the rest of the parts together and install/tune. you really sohuld do the ton of research anyways tho since turboing up a n/a car is no light undertaking and knowing what is really inoved will be a good thing when something breaks.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Pics of everything? How many vacuum openings? Any on the piping? I assume the turbo is internally gated. You should run a vacuum line fromt he turbos wastegate to a "T" fitting, then one of the lines of the "T" to the BOV, then the other end to the intake manifold. THats a basic setup.
    7g for life!

mustangcobrasvt98
    Heres a pic. Could someone show me the way the lines should be run? There is also another silver T fitting.

What is this turbos specs and what not? Is this a good starter turbo for a car with 30K mile stock motor and its 4 years old? Thanks to anyone who can help me with this. now comes the hard part of finding someone to weld aluminum and bend it so i can run turbo piping and to get a IC and find a place to mount it.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    What did this turbo come off of? A Lebaron? Why are there so many vacuum ports? 2 on the turbo? 2 on the BOV?

If you really have all those vacuum tubes Id hook it up like this:

(From the MBC to the intake mani, you can either go to the TB or to one of the porst on the intake manif)

But this is how mine is hooked up with a 14b turbo and 1g BOV:

If this is going to be for a v6 then its going to be way too small.
    7g for life!

mustangcobrasvt98
    what about a greddy T50/51??? It needs to be rebuilt though.

That turbo is WAY too small. It will be more of a restriction than a power adder.

Seth in your first pic you have the wastegate actuator nipple hooked to the BOV nipple. And you've got all kinds of boost signals going into the MBC. wtfmate