The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Am I the only original 7G owner left on the board?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 42
    Just wondering if anyone else on here has owned their car since new. I drove mine away from the dealer in Feb 1996. I don't really "hate my Galant" as my user name suggests. I just had some VERY bad dealer maintenance along the way. 217k later, it's doing great and makes a daily 90 mile round trip to work, even through icy Alaskan winters. 8)

Very impressive, all I can say is that i'm NOT the original owner i'm #2... but i do know the original owner and i am related to him so that's gotta count for something right :P

222whp/250wtq

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    wow, that's impressive....
    -Pedro

Technically my car is still on its first owner (my mom) because it hasn't been put in my name, yet.
    Light em up.

Quote Originally Posted by IHateMyGalant
    even through icy Alaskan winters. 8)
    Man I love to see the Alaska's winter!

I think I am 2nd as well

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

well I am 3rd but I feels just like I am the one and only
    8g tranny is being rebuilt and waiting on ground control coilovers
    7g is just sitting motor and tranny is out(need to finish, just lazy)
    6g (vr4) motor is out getting the good stuff like a gt4088 and some more stupid stuff.
    Nice to be back!!!!

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    my dad bought the car brand new in florida back in 1994. i've been living with it ever since it rolled out of the dealership, so i'd like to consider myself the original owner :o
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

wow.. that hot.. 217k.. i always wanted to go to alaska
    04 Maxima SL in Bronze with Black leather

I bought my car brand new (1996) and still driving that baby... 134K mileage
    I'm selling my G

i am a second owner bought it with 64k miles now it has 118k
    2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
    JDM 5 SPEED 4G64
    TO GET TO A MAN'S HEART....IS THROUGH 4G64 egh and may be through 4B11T

second owner bought it with 50k now it has 80k. while on the track i hit 80k exactly!

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Quote Originally Posted by rez887
    Man I love to see the Alaska's winter!
    You sure? It's going down to -3 degrees tonight, and it's not even winter yet! I have to plug the car in, at night now.

Quote Originally Posted by IHateMyGalant
    Just wondering if anyone else on here has owned their car since new. I drove mine away from the dealer in Feb 1996. I don't really "hate my Galant" as my user name suggests. I just had some VERY bad dealer maintenance along the way. 217k later, it's doing great and makes a daily 90 mile round trip to work, even through icy Alaskan winters. 8)
    im the 2nd owner of mine

Quote Originally Posted by laxinwarrior
    Very impressive, all I can say is that i'm NOT the original owner i'm #2... but i do know the original owner and i am related to him so that's gotta count for something right :P
    same here, the car belongs to my uncle
    Quote Originally Posted by shovelman
    Technically my car is still on its first owner (my mom) because it hasn't been put in my name, yet.
    same here, the car is under my uncles name though i think hes gonna put it under my name some time soon :)
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511

2nd owner.1st owner lives on the opposite end of my hallway.she had it for 100k...to this day, 148k.

luke thats twisted man i got mine from my uncle too

222whp/250wtq

I bought my '96 7g w/ 21k miles as a lease return back in '98.. I took this shot sometime last week- still on the original engine!

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by peanotation
    my dad bought the car brand new in florida back in 1994. i've been living with it ever since it rolled out of the dealership, so i'd like to consider myself the original owner :o

Hey Peano...just curious. If your 7g was bought in Florida and since its a federal spec emissions car not the Cali spec, how does that work in Cali if your car wasn't orginally from Cali and a Federal Emissioned vehicle? Because a Federal emmissioned car would not pass California inspection since Cali has a more strict emission regulations compared to the rest of the normal United States. Just Curious

Oh and concerning the original Topic...I am the 3rd owner of my 7g. It was originally purchased somewhere between New York and Maine, then to Virginia to where the 2nd owner moved to Florida because she was in the Army then her parents sold the car to me because she got stationed to Cali and couldn't take the car with her.

My GVR4..I am the 4th owner. Originally from Tennessee , then bought buy a guy in Miami as a Race Shop project car, then to the previous owner who lived in North Carolina and garaged majority of his ownership and then to me. 8-)

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4-G-rim
    Hey Peano...just curious. If your 7g was bought in Florida and since its a federal spec emissions car not the Cali spec, how does that work in Cali if your car wasn't orginally from Cali and a Federal Emissioned vehicle? Because a Federal emmissioned car would not pass California inspection since Cali has a more strict emission regulations compared to the rest of the normal United States. Just Curious
    i wonder the same thing myself. up until recently i always thought that they knew my car was fedspec from the VIN, and they would switch to fedspec standards on the smog machines. after just going through the state referee hoop-jumping bullshit, i'm pretty sure they test my car as a calispec, because i was one number away from failing, and my car was dead stock with stock timing..... fucking california
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

im the second owner... and i must say, the previous owner took absolutely HORRIBLE care of this G.. got it a year ago yesterday with 124,015 miles, it has 124,832 now... been fixing it for a year...restoration in progress... almost finished with my babyG, only struts left to install :D :D :D so ive been rocking my '01 Dakota in the meantime.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast