The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Am I the only original 7G owner left on the board?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 42
    im second owner on mine
    got it from my uncle for $2000 with 130k miles on it....

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    and yet you hate your G.

whats up guys,I've been busy with work and all.I'm the second owner I got it at 60k and its now at 120k.
    Nobody built like u, u desighn ur self.

5spd swap
    full custom body conversion
    18x9 Works VS
    Big 16g evo3T next project

2nd owner. bought @ 50k, now @ 128k. and peep the local hatemygalant, i live in wasilla. we should hookup and talk g's sometime.

I'm owner #2 on mine. I bought it at 100k miles and now has 193k miles...though it needs an engine now.
    Staying busy is important. After all, idle hands spend time at the genitles.

Update: I'm at 230,930 as of today =o]

Quote Originally Posted by Cheenoh
    I bought my '96 7g w/ 21k miles as a lease return back in '98.. I took this shot sometime last week- still on the original engine!

im almost up to 211,000 miles on mine right now
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511

I am the original owner and have 232K on my 1994 ES. I rebuilt the auto trans at 200K but other than timing belts, spark plugs, plug wires and oil changes have done nothing to the engine. Car still going strong despite the fact that last week I messed up something with the electronics when trying to check codes from the OBD. jjj

Wow, I started this post awhile ago. I'm quickly approaching 229k and am still the original owner. I put about 500 miles a week on it and it's still doing fine. I changed the clutch slave cyl last weekend for $29. Other than that, it's doing great.

im almost up too 212,000 right now and am having problems out the ying yang :?
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511

I'm the second owner, the car had 55k in 2003 when I bought it, it just hit 100k in March. Still running strong, as reliable as any Honda or Toyota I have owned.

I'm the 2nd owner, I buy (save) mine 1994 GS with 177,200mi , probably was destinated to be sell to junk yard , it had a bad engine and few interior parts missing, I fixed and what can I say, I love It.

I am the second owner on mine. Bought it for $25 last year. And thats not a type-o, twenty five dollars. The girl thought she fried the transmission (which she did screw up the torque converter) and she was moving and going to buy a new car and decided to leave me the title :twisted:
    "All day baby, all day, except in the morning."

performance mods
    -custom cai (never said it was good)
    -custom 2.5" exhaust + test pipe
    -pacesetter headers
    Visual mods
    -HID headlights
    -havc white/blue/red replacement

I got my 98 ES with 14 miles on it. But I am parting it out so....

Joe
    You can keep your looks, I'll keep my speed

Almost made it to 300k miles (297k). I was taking an off ramp and downshifted when the timing belt jumped. It did all kinds of damage in the motor. The car's in great shape, so I'll source a good used engine and keep it going. 7G Galants are quickly becoming a rare sight on the roads.

Experienced TGC Member Bloody Arro's Avatar
    Freakin kudos man! I'm impressed. Have you considered dropping a different motor in her?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue8g View Post
    And fwd grocery fetters are fun, you wouldn't be on this forum if you didn't agree
    Quote Originally Posted by 8thLS6 View Post
    Tuning to me is like magic... I don't understand it but it makes things happen lol

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Arro View Post
    Freakin kudos man! I'm impressed. Have you considered dropping a different motor in her?
    he said he was looking for a good used motor so yes he has.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Quote Originally Posted by IHateMyGalant View Post
    Almost made it to 300k miles (297k). I was taking an off ramp and downshifted when the timing belt jumped. It did all kinds of damage in the motor. The car's in great shape, so I'll source a good used engine and keep it going. 7G Galants are quickly becoming a rare sight on the roads.
    yes they are, even in the junk yards!

mines only at 118k lol

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

It was bought new by T'old fella, but it was me as a child who spotted it in the lot next door when he was looking at manky GM crap (as in I dragged him to it).
    So although not the lifetime driver consider it mine.

I took it off him, who never really looked after it properly (seriously getting that man to change anything that is broken is a nightmare) but its served me well and giving back to it all the loyal service it has given to me. Sat on stands undergoing a major overhaul, fixing anything and everything I can find wrong and hopefully slap 10 more years of care free motoring onto it.

As to rare,,, should try the UK, they had issues trying to import. At best only a few thousand of the 7g (as you call it) were ever imported, and only about double that of the 8g.
    Finding parts at scrap/junk yards is a nightmare, actually been gathering a list of mutually exchangeable parts from other models over the years from hubs to bearings, brakes (cables etc) to wheel pins when a kind tyre salesman ripped snapped several with a air wrench apparently set to 300nm (200 over the torque setting required by just about every manufacturer when it comes to wheel bolts/nuts).

And you cannot find new parts for sale here, at least nothing substantial, talking basic parts where 3 years ago you could replace cross members. Cannot even get body panels anymore, its a custom job.
    So yeah, labour of love (that keeps trying to make me bleed to death cutting me).

my 94 now has 293K and still going strong motor wise. She is becoming a bit of a beater now because got rear ended at a stop light, dash cracking and the paint is starting to let go. Trying to convince myself it is worth getting it all fixed up because I have had her since new but I have there other 7gs that I have picked up along the way so it is an uphill battle.
    jjj
    98 ES (5 spd), 94 GS (5 spd), 94 ES (rebuilt auto), 92 Toyota 4X4, 81 KZ550 A2, 67 Mercedes 250S, 58 Mercedes 190SL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast