The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2JZ in an 8g Galant

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 36 of 36
    Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

What about fixing twin motors to mate up to the splined shafts in the hubs of the rears. I'm talking brushless motors, they wont last a long time as they arent regenerative (On braking they wont create voltage like a DC motor will) so you would be severly limited in batterys. Brushless motors will spin as high as the magnet can stay together probably about 200k+ rpms, and produce hella torque. On second though I'll just let the OE's finish developing exactly what I've discrbed (exept it will only be available for new cars and not as a bolt on kit) You could also cut out the trunk well and fab up a ford 9 inch and instead of powering it with the existing engine, use a turbinique drag axle to produce 1000hp to the rear wheels.
    Seriously the 2jz is too long for the car in the first place. The rearend could be solved by heavily beefing up a vr4 unit but its not worth it. You may have better luck however, mounting the existing engine in the right way.

And for those who think electics are slow, mitsubishi had an electric evo with a motor at each wheel and it produced times very close to that of the existing evo. Also the fastest rc cars in the world are electric with a record of 160.1 mph.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

Wow... putting the supra motor into the galant is like someone dropping a turbo 4g63 motor into a 1st gen MR2... which HAS been done, and I have seen it. Its terrible... I mean no offense to the motor, or the car, but I dont believe that things like that should be done, except on hot rods. Also for the person who mentioned putting the supra emblem on the galant, or something like that... the other night Miss Mav. and I were out to dinner, and we saw a completely riced out Celica GT, even had the Celica and GT decals on back, but the emblem was a Honda emblem... it was terrible! But ya, people should keep motors within the same car company at least, well in my opinion anyways.
    A ricer is someone who believes that lights, stickers, useless parts, stupid driving and any other abnormal or dangerous driving habits help them in their need for speed or attention.

I can think of a couple approved ones.
    A Ford 5.0L V8 in a miata
    A Lexus 4.0L V8 in a miata
    A 350 in a lotus super seven
    An LS motor in a FD RX-7
    An LS motor in a 240 SX
    A K series mounted in a lotus elise

Thats all I have for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax
    u know what? i was thinking and i bet i could put a motor at each of my wheels and have a quad engine AWD setup. my only problem is how to shift all four transmissions since i only have 2 hands, i bet i could just weld all the shifters together or find a way to mount CV transmissions for each motor so i don't have to shift. do you think it would b hard to do? i know some of the large auto manufacturers are fiddling w/ this idea right now but w/ electric motors, but those suck i want to try this w/ gasoline engines... and then turbocharge all of them! that would just be soooooo awesome. i have a friend that can make parts for me and i bet we can do it for less than $10. i'll be sure to post pics of our progress.
    LOL

on a serious note. i read that mitsu made a prototype evo wtih 4 electric engines at each wheel. have to dig up that old issue of sport compact car...

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    LOL

on a serious note. i read that mitsu made a prototype evo wtih 4 electric engines at each wheel. have to dig up that old issue of sport compact car...
    Off topic: Dude are you coming to the meet on Sunday?

LOL

its called Miev,
    and its impressive as hell.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

so damn i'm at a stand still in my engine swaps. i can't figure out where to put my v6 w/ the other 4 engines in the car! o yeah, i'm not going to use the v6 to drive any of the wheels, it's strictly going to power my climate controls and my audio/video system. i think i will have the first 5 engine 8g ever; i'll call it a vr5! do you guys think it would b a good idea to run the collectors directly into the cabin becuase the exhaust is gonna b pretty loud and i don't want to get pulled over for the noise; i'll just keep my windows rolled up so that the cops can't hear it! this is gonna be so awesome you guys are gonna love it!

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Yeah Reelax, you need to pack your car out with ICE and then use the V6 motor to spin a big alternator to power your ICE and your hydraulics
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

We'll it didn't hurt to ask. It was just a thought, like any other. Thanks for your opinions guys! My work here is done! :-P

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi
    Yeah Reelax, you need to pack your car out with ICE and then use the V6 motor to spin a big alternator to power your ICE and your hydraulics
    i wonder how much hydraulics it would take to get the car to do backflips. maybe i can use the tanks and cylinders from a bulldozer. i think me and my friend can do this for less than $10 if we do the install ourselves. i'm gonna go see if APC has some parts for this, they alway have the good shit in their catalogs.

Quote Originally Posted by DNSerrano
    We'll it didn't hurt to ask. It was just a thought, like any other. Thanks for your opinions guys! My work here is done! :-P
    seriously, a 2jz engine in an 8g can b done... it would cost alot and be very cool and would cost alot.

did i mention it would cost alot?

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    2JZ in a 8g.............understeer heaven! :???:

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Quote Originally Posted by 4-G-rim
    With rwd. More like holy oversteer batman.

Quote Originally Posted by 6G72gearhead
    holy triple post batman

Anything is possible with the right amount of money. Why do you think rich old guys always have young, hot chicks.
    8G Galant GTZ-juiced, 275 hp
    1G Eclipse GSX-pushin 400 whp-09/22/06 12.33 @ 113mph

The best of both worlds...

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax
    holy triple post batman
    WTF how did I do that?

I think the 2JZ is as big as the entire front end of the galants. LOL..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12