The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: another cyclone intake question

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    well I got my cyclone intake manifold in the mail the other day and I see it is in good conditon....well I have a parts washer @ my school and I clean all my parts before I store them so I want to take the cyclone inake apart and put it in the parts washer but I think that there are gaskets in between the intake where it comes apart dose anyone know where I can get the OEM replacements for those do they even make them....

please help thanks( my b-day was tuesday I am now 21 thank the lord)
    8g tranny is being rebuilt and waiting on ground control coilovers
    7g is just sitting motor and tranny is out(need to finish, just lazy)
    6g (vr4) motor is out getting the good stuff like a gt4088 and some more stupid stuff.
    Nice to be back!!!!

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    You won't be able to get them at any of the Mitsu dealers. You can get it at JNZ though..I have bought some stuff from them and they are A++++ to deal with.

Here is the link to the JDM Cyclone manifold gaskets. Good luck.
    JNZtuning.com

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

thank you man... I in good shape now..... I am going to take it apart and get it clean.......
    6g (vr4) motor is out getting the good stuff like a gt4088 and some more stupid stuff.
    Nice to be back!!!!

hey well I got it apart and I cleaned it now I am in the process of getting the old gaskets off I am almost done but I just have a little more to go..... and I guess I will order the gaskets and them post some pics......
    Nice to be back!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by T-double
    hey well I got it apart and I cleaned it now I am in the process of getting the old gaskets off I am almost done but I just have a little more to go..... and I guess I will order the gaskets and them post some pics......
    I have a quick question, how are you going to control the actuators in the Cyclone intake? Im going to swap my motor in my 6gvr4 for a JDM one that has the cyclone and I have a chip installed that is programed to work with the cyclone intake.
    Signature wanted call: 1800-Darkkend

<a>Take Better Photoshots Tips from the Pro's</a>

I have done just a little research on it but I do have it taken apart and I have gotten the old gasket off and I have read that you do have to have a chip to trigger it that is what I have read on TGC...... I think DSM chips dose it but don't quote me.....
    Nice to be back!!!!

Experienced TGC Member
    There are a lot of different ways to do it, none are really simple.

This is pretty good:

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread...yclone+manifold

I had a cyclone on my galant but had an RPM activated switch with solenoid, couldnt get that intake off after the crash =&#092;

bought another recently for my talon, but it's too damn cold out to be messing with this stuff
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon