The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: OBD-2 software?

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    Ok so i plan on getting dsm link but that is awhile on down the road. As for now i plan on using a obd scanner and pc software. I already know the scanner i plan on getting a elmscanner. As for software i was wondering if anyone has any suggestions? I found some: AutoTap, Digimoto, proscan 5.0 and some others. So is anyone else using any of this? What scanner are you using, and what software are you running and is it on a pc or palm?

So is there anyone who is even using the obd or is everyone just using dsm or emanage?

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    I use www.digitaltuning.com but MMCD is free.
    7g for life!

Allright thanks for the idea. Im not sure yet if i want to run a pda or a laptop. I have about 5 laptops laying around from other vehicles, but they are kinda a hassle when your trying to do a run and start and stop for results. Has it given you any problems? And what kinda pda are you using? Also what kinda adjustibiltiy does it give you in terms of things like timing and fuel maps?

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bmxmike
    Allright thanks for the idea. Im not sure yet if i want to run a pda or a laptop. I have about 5 laptops laying around from other vehicles, but they are kinda a hassle when your trying to do a run and start and stop for results. Has it given you any problems? And what kinda pda are you using? Also what kinda adjustibiltiy does it give you in terms of things like timing and fuel maps?

I used to use: http://www.obd-2.com/ $152 a little pricey you can find muh cheeper, but I was happy with the software.
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    I use www.digitaltuning.com but MMCD is free.
    I've been using this for about 2 years now and I can say I love it. I use it on the 7g and 2g.
    ASE Certified Master Automotive Tech
    2000 Galant ES = Daily Driver
    1996 Galant Turbo + 5 speed & lsd = fun ****SOLD****
    1992 Galant VR-4 #372/1000 Kensington Grey ***SOLD***

phizz2k
    Well I just bought the scantool.net setup to go along with the ipaq pda I have. I've tested everything out with my laptop using the software that came with the scan tool and it seems pretty cool (I don't know how to use everything yet but I'am assuming its a must for going turbo).

Just waiting on a gender changer so I can hook up the setup to my pda and have easier acess vs the bullky laptop...