The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: flip out screen

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    00'WHITE
    i brought the 7'' screen from a friend and he sold it for $40 i think he stupid but he only 17 yrs old. does anyone has the flip out screen on the ceilin in the car? and how to installed it in?

His stupidity, your gain. Enjoy it especially for that price
    Kevin
    2006 GIXXER 600

it's only a 7"...they aren't much more than that on ebay... and does it work correctly?, maybe he wasn't so stupid... anyway, take out the headliner and mount it on there... pretty straight forward (edit) i just reread this and i'm not sure i'm understanding you correctly... is it a flip out or a flip down? and if it's a flip out, why in the hell would you mount in on your ceiling?????

If it doesn't work, then you just bought paper weight.

It also depends what brand it is, there is a big price difference for a good resolution screen, in a name brand.

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    to do it professionally, take off the headliner and cut out a piece of wood that the same size as the lcd, mount that to the cieling, run all your wires and mount the lcd to the wood, this will make it flush and give it the best support being that your roof isnt flat

00'WHITE
    it a flip down. i knew it call that but ne way yes it work he connect it to show me if it worker so it is and i just need some informant to installed it. i need the step so i can understand it better and do the way it said. if you know what i mean.

First: take out all the trim around the headliner, like the a piller panels that run all the way to the back of the front seat, and also take out the clips on the ceiling that hold to top in. "you don't have to take the headliner out, just get it so u can get your hands above it to mount and run wires.

Second: find out exactly where you want to mount the screen, and measure side to side to be center. Once done with that take a razor blade and cut out a U shaped hole directly in the center.

Third: Run your wires, there should be a red and a black wire coming right out of the unit. unless your running a wired modulator for the sounds, then run the red and black wire all the way from the ceiling, to the steering column. There should be fuse inline with the red wire. hook that wire up to the 12 gauge accessory wire coming directly off the key cylinder it should be BLUE/RED, or you can use the BLUE/BLACK. they are both accesory wires. The black wire you ground directly to the metal or the car, the best spot is in the kick panel screw directly into the metal of the car.

Fourth: cut out a board that is the same size as the top of the screen, maybe even a bit bigger. cut a hole in the middle of the board for your wires, put that board above the headliner and match the holes up. if you can see a cross-beam, the screw the board to the cross-beam." PAY ATTENTION WHEN YOU DO THIS, ONLY USE THE CORRECT SIZED SCREWS OR YOU WILL PUT HOLES IN YOUR ROOF" once that is done connect the screen to the wiring you ran, and screw the screen in with the headliner in the middle, like a sandwich. TEST THE SCREEN

Fifth: put the healiner back up and put all the trim back up, and enjoy hours of movies

00'WHITE
    thank you for the information and im going to do it tomorrow since im off when i get on there then im going take pics of it good luck to myself lol

Good luck, like i said just make sure you watch your screw depth... Have Fun!!