The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Head swap in the making.

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    Experienced TGC Member
    So today i pulled what i belive is the complete head swap minus the ECU. What i have is: Head, Valve cover, Intake mani, TB with all sensors, Thermostat housing, Motor mount, CAS, Injectors, Fuel rail, FPR, Intake mani mounting bracket, Coil pack, Plug wires, and the coil pack hook up unit (i have no idea what its called its mounted on the side of the head with 2 different plugs), Upper portion of the timing cover, all bolts including head bolts (i know you arent supposed to reuse them.. i dont even know if they will work for this swap). What i need to know is.. Should i go ahead and snatch out the whole wiring harness? Also.. Is there anything else i need from this car for the swap. Its a 1G N/A eclipse GS BTW.

Thanks,
    Johnas

you won't want the whole wiring harness, you will want all the connectors w/ aabout 5 inches of pigtail) for things you didn't have prior... like the coil pack connectors(both sides)
    the transistor pack, the resistor pack connectors,
    and whatever else.

unless you want a really crappy looking engine bay with wires all over the place and no way of disconnecting things when you need to cause you hard wired them in.

you also need to go back and get the knock sensor. and connector

depending on what ecu you run,
    you are still going to need turbo injectors and a turbo reistor pack though, you said its n/a so the injectors it has are no better than your stockers.
    (unless you stay n/a and run a 94gs ecu, or a 95-99 spyder non turbo ecu depending on if you are obd1 or obd2)

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr
    you won't want the whole wiring harness, you will want all the connectors w/ aabout 5 inches of pigtail) for things you didn't have prior... like the coil pack connectors(both sides)
    the transistor pack, the resistor pack connectors,
    and whatever else.

unless you want a really crappy looking engine bay with wires all over the place and no way of disconnecting things when you need to cause you hard wired them in.

you also need to go back and get the knock sensor. and connector

depending on what ecu you run,
    you are still going to need turbo injectors and a turbo reistor pack though, you said its n/a so the injectors it has are no better than your stockers.
    (unless you stay n/a and run a 94gs ecu, or a 95-99 spyder non turbo ecu depending on if you are obd1 or obd2)
    Where is the knock sensor located? I will be running the 2g Spyder GS ECU because im not going to turbo for a while. Also do i need the whole timing belt cover or will it even fit my engine?

Thanks,
    Johnas

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Knock sensor is located on the back of the block. Stock timing cover should work fine, but the top cover that goes over the gears will obviously need to be replaced.
    7g for life!