The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How good can an 8g handle?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 35
    With lowering springs and upgraded tires and wheels I'm wondering how much improvement can be expected in the handling of an 8g. My other car is a 91 Nissan NX2000. I'd be happy if the G handled like the NX. The NX has minimal body roll in turns and can take most on ramps comfortably at 70-80 mph.

Quote Originally Posted by keithert
    With lowering springs and upgraded tires and wheels I'm wondering how much improvement can be expected in the handling of an 8g. My other car is a 91 Nissan NX2000. I'd be happy if the G handled like the NX. The NX has minimal body roll in turns and can take most on ramps comfortably at 70-80 mph.
    I have the 3D Designs stabilizer bars. You should consider getting them. When I put mine on the Galant handled like a new car. I believe DanJ has these as well and can vouch for them.
    Love,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by VegasMatt
    I have the 3D Designs stabilizer bars. You should consider getting them. When I put mine on the Galant handled like a new car. I believe DanJ has these as well and can vouch for them.
    Would those have much effect on a stock vehicle or is a drop required?

No a drop is not required to put these on. I think you would notice a difference. My galant was drpped when I put it on, At higher speeds, I noticed that it handled like a different vehicle. I even notice that when I drive my Galant for a while, then switch vehicles, I take turns a lot quicker then forget i am not in the galant. My wife freaks because I take it at higher speeds and she gets all pissed off cuz i take the turns quick in our other cars.
    Love,
    Matt

Those are the D3 chasis stiffen kit, are they even selling these anymore? id be interested in getting it.

If they still exist where could we get them, matt?
    Kevin
    2006 GIXXER 600

http://www.dthreedesigns.com/

Well worth the price. I saw these guys at MOD06 in SoCal. They are still around.

Love,
    Matt

i prototyped the d3 CSK and can vouch. here is their site: http://www.dthreedesigns.com/shoppingcart....password=Guest#

go to their website.
    http://dthreedesigns.com/
    I had mine installed at their R&D shop in Signal Hills, Ca.
    They still offer it.
    SO for better handling get:
    D3 Kit (get the one without the rear strutbar in the package, we cant use it...)
    Addco Rear Sway Bar
    Tein SS-P / Megan Racing Coilover / JIC (choose ur pricetag)
    DC Sport Front Strut Bar
    Good wheel/tire combo
    Then you got some handles..
    Accident. Deemed Unfixable. Got a check for it.

I think this will be my next mod on my car... :firedevil:
    Kevin
    2006 GIXXER 600

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

Really freaking well, with me behind the wheel.

I'm running a Suspension Technique rear swaybar set at its stiffest setting, and with my R-comps I'm holding my own with integra's and bimmers that are much more heavily modded than I am. Right now I'm working on the 5spd swap to help my even onset of power out of turns as to not unsettle the car with downshifts, as the auto basically has to be held in 2nd so it wont shift to 4th while brakeing for the turn, with a manual I'll be able to hold it in the gear needed so there wont be the lag of a downshift as I apply throttle out of a corner.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

Your autocrossing with just a rear sway bar upgrade? wow.

Want me to post the results. I'm a little behind, but that aint bad given the amount of money spent on my competaters cars and the years of experience they have over me.

Tires make the biggest difference.

Naw, i'll leave it at that, dont wanna go off topic.

I could start a new topic like I did on galants.org, actually I will

continue previous conversation.

I'm totally getting that D3 kit.

Anyone have any experience or heard anything about the Intrax swaybar? And does anybody make a rear upper tie bar for the 8G? Would I4 or V6 matter for the rear?

Also, I'm thinking about getting a front upper strutbar that's better than the crap I have now. Anyone able to suggest any nice ones for the V6?

It's worth mentioning that with the addition of my bottom of the line rear lower tiebar and front upper strutbar, my handling was noticeably improved. The Nitto NT-555 tires don't hurt either. Next, swaybar. Then, D3 kit. After that, Tein SS+P+EDFC. Then, handling nirvana, or as close as these boats can get anywho.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindwerkz
    I'm totally getting that D3 kit.

Anyone have any experience or heard anything about the Intrax swaybar? And does anybody make a rear upper tie bar for the 8G? Would I4 or V6 matter for the rear?

Also, I'm thinking about getting a front upper strutbar that's better than the crap I have now. Anyone able to suggest any nice ones for the V6?

It's worth mentioning that with the addition of my bottom of the line rear lower tiebar and front upper strutbar, my handling was noticeably improved. The Nitto NT-555 tires don't hurt either. Next, swaybar. Then, D3 kit. After that, Tein SS+P+EDFC. Then, handling nirvana, or as close as these boats can get anywho.
    if u get the intrax sways, just install the rear, upgrading the front will make you push. a rear upper strut brace is useless on our cars... more benifits for hatchbacks, our rear struts are set between steel allready. as far as better front stb, oem 3g or if you can get your hands on the RRE bar.

Calipso
    I have the addco rear sway bar. Big upgrade from stock ES bar. I also have freedom design strut mount bar. Nothing great about it but when you take it off you can tell the difference.

My 8G handles well, except when I over-rev and clutch out......haha....then it handles like a bull having a seizure on speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax
    if u get the intrax sways, just install the rear, upgrading the front will make you push. a rear upper strut brace is useless on our cars... more benifits for hatchbacks, our rear struts are set between steel allready. as far as better front stb, oem 3g or if you can get your hands on the RRE bar.

Good to know about the Intrax kit. Thanks Reelax. What's RRE?

Calipso - How's the battery terminal clearance on that Freedom Design bar?

Calipso
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindwerkz
    Good to know about the Intrax kit. Thanks Reelax. What's RRE?

Calipso - How's the battery terminal clearance on that Freedom Design bar?
    When I had a stock size battery, is was frigging horrible. The ground terminal almost was touching the bar. Had me worried for the longest time.

I ended up going to walmart and buying a ghetto battery and it has perfect clearance. I'm planning on getting an optima red top one of these days but i'm worried about how the clearance will be...... :|

The Road Race Engineering bar is the Suspension Techniques bar, which I have and its freaking awesome, and it can be had fairly reasnably through Jegs. It requires some slight modification to fit, but its really not hard, just some sheet metal that needs to be cut out of the way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast