The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 4G63 Head Swap

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 28 of 28
    wordddd,,well I already have my 264 Hks cams but not the 272... i will look into the knock off ones..... U said build the 2.4 now I am in school and one of my instructors has a turbo GSR integra and another one has a blown VW bug he is building and another has a road runner..... i talk to them all the time about knifedging a crank in a turbo application and they keep telling me that it will weakin the crank but I thought that if you reduced the point of enursha you are doing something.... what do u guys think???? or seth what do u think..... and when turboing a 2.4 you don't need to get the block drilled for holes for oil squirter like the 4g63t will the pistons in a 2.4 or 4g64t cool under high boost without the squirters???? and I got something else....the 4g64 is the same as a 7 bolt but if I were to get some pistons would I buy 7 bolt and that goes the same for rods... I am thinking that the crank will take care of the stroke maybe I am trippin but did I answer my own question????????????
    8g tranny is being rebuilt and waiting on ground control coilovers
    7g is just sitting motor and tranny is out(need to finish, just lazy)
    6g (vr4) motor is out getting the good stuff like a gt4088 and some more stupid stuff.
    Nice to be back!!!!

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    the crank doesn't need to be knife edged on the 4g64, it just isn't worth it. as for the oil squirters, as much as people say you need them, magnus caps off all the oil squirters on all their blocks...and they havn't crankwalked one motor yet.....just fyi. i'm capping them on my dohc 2.4 build...
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    If you want a cheap reliable build, get stock turbo 2g pistons and 1g big rods. You would just have to get the block bored to fit the pistons.

They make a 6bolt 2.4L block, its the g65b or 4gcs or something, that is the block I plan on going with.
    7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    If you want a cheap reliable build, get stock turbo 2g pistons and 1g big rods. You would just have to get the block bored to fit the pistons.

They make a 6bolt 2.4L block, its the g65b or 4gcs or something, that is the block I plan on going with.
    You will also have to machine the 1g big rods to fit the 2g pistons. Nothing that the machine shop couldn't do for a couple of dollars while they are putting the block together.
    ASE Certified Master Automotive Tech
    2000 Galant ES = Daily Driver
    1996 Galant Turbo + 5 speed & lsd = fun ****SOLD****
    1992 Galant VR-4 #372/1000 Kensington Grey ***SOLD***

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    correct. the 2g pistons use a 22mm wristpin, whilst the 1g pistons (which the 1g rods came from duh) use a 21mm wristpin. i'm using the big rods in my build and all i hear is good things.

also, the 1g big rods need to be machined to fit the crank, assuming you're still going 7bolt 4g64 and keeping stock crank, which you should.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

well I am going to keep the stock crank but I am going to use eagle rods....

and I guess you guys have answered all my questions thanks now I need to decide on pistons.... need to get some green.... :firedevil:
    8g tranny is being rebuilt and waiting on ground control coilovers
    7g is just sitting motor and tranny is out(need to finish, just lazy)
    6g (vr4) motor is out getting the good stuff like a gt4088 and some more stupid stuff.
    Nice to be back!!!!

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Ya green makes things go so smoothly.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Quote Originally Posted by T-double
    well I am going to keep the stock crank but I am going to use eagle rods....

and I guess you guys have answered all my questions thanks now I need to decide on pistons.... need to get some green.... :firedevil:
    Scat makes some good 2.4 rods for about $300. Get the Weisco pistons there better than JE cause the already come with the rings!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12