The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ViS VR4 8G body kit. Has anyone actually SEEN it?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 67
    wonder if a FMIC will fit behind this ViS kit or will it be as tight a fit or not fit at all as the authentic JDM?
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover
    wonder if a FMIC will fit behind this ViS kit or will it be as tight a fit or not fit at all as the authentic JDM?

it depends on the style of the jdm bumper, some will fit it some wont

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fatal1
    it depends on the style of the jdm bumper, some will fit it some wont

he's talking about that bumper which is the 96-97 Vr4. Stwei was able to fit a FMIC in there. It all depends on what dimensions the IC has. I would say, chances are yes, usless you're using something ridiculous. Jetbalck has a FMIC with the OEM bumper and so does Underated. So you don't really have to change you're bumper unless you want to.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>' date='Dec 3 2006, 06:17 AM' post='554723']
    Bro your car looks bad ass

and I have the front pieces again and waiting for a few more things
    </div>

thanks man. But i'm just following in your footsteps. You did get the bumper before i did.

I guess you're not getting rid of her? Hard ain't it? lol.

you got the Lip again? i still want that other lip we where talking about. I might go crazy and just get it...lol.

btw, pm me your number. I don't have it on my phone.

-Pedro

OK, I just got off the phone with them and the official word from ViS is that they are indeed still making the VR4 front lip. Not only that but they'll make it (and anything else they make) in carbon fiber or silver carbon/kevlar fiber as a special order.

I was quoted &#036;183 + shipping for the VR4 front lip. &#036;524 for silver fiber which I'm actually thinking about. We'll see how the silver fiber hood looks and go from there.

By the way I'm going to see what can be done about a possible group buy on OEM style silver carbon fiber hoods for the 8G from either ViS or Deft Racing. Check out the topic on the subject in the group buy forum if interested.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGMONEYDAY
    Here are the pix I promised.

(I made the last one bigger so you could make out more detail.)
    thats exactly what DANJ's bumper looks like.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Yeah that Vis bumper with the molded lip is exactly like DANJ's so I guess its the VRM one. From seeing DANJ's car in person multiple times, there is no way in holy hell your fitting an intercooler in there. On my 97 JDM front, I had to cut the bottom of the crash bar out around the intercooler and sorta sink the intercooler into it. So essentially my crash bar sticks out about 1/2" past the face of the intercooler and mind you I have no A/C, I had to get rid of the A/C condensor to fit my intercooler. My intercooler is 26x8x3. I cant see being able to fit anything thicker than 3" since my bumper is already pushing hard up against it.

On the topic of VIS doing a bumper in CF, that would be hott if someone got a complete CF front end, hood, bumper, and fenders. That would look sick.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by BIGMONEYDAY
    Here are the pix I promised.

(I made the last one bigger so you could make out more detail.)

Nice bumper... it's not installed yet?

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    That bumper looks hot. Got me thinking bout selling my lip and just getting a Kit.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Do you guys think this JDM Crash bar would work on the USDM 8g with this Bumper?

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by blownoffvavle
    Nice bumper... it's not installed yet?
    Hey man, good to see your still around. But naaa..."my friend" hasn't installed this kit yet. He's supposed to be getting another ride soon. Once he does, he's going to put the G in the shop to have everything installed. You know driving a lowered and kitted car everyday is the fastest way to have some jerk "F" it up with a quickness. You know insurance companies will never replace that stuff or pay you what it's worth.

Experienced TGC Member
    Umm....i just checked out the VIS site and i dont see a VR4 kit available fot the 8G. Heres the page...

VIS

Quote Originally Posted by 6G72Galant
    Umm....i just checked out the VIS site and i dont see a VR4 kit available fot the 8G. Heres the page...

VIS
    That's the whole point of my original post on the subject. They have a page for it with nothing on it and when I talk to them on the phone they say they make it but never got a chance to photograph it (and they'd love for me to take a picture for them if I get it). =P

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Da_silvagride
    Do you guys think this JDM Crash bar would work on the USDM 8g with this Bumper?

The JDM crash bar wont work, I tried it already and its still sitting in my garage. The JDM VR4's have a different style radiator support on the bottom which allows for the clearance for a FMIC. Also, the JDM crash bar sorta bolts to the front of the frame rails, where as ours has a piece that actually slides into each rail and bolts from the bottom the JDM ones bolt thru the face of the crash bar on the front.
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi
    The JDM crash bar wont work, I tried it already and its still sitting in my garage. The JDM VR4's have a different style radiator support on the bottom which allows for the clearance for a FMIC. Also, the JDM crash bar sorta bolts to the front of the frame rails, where as ours has a piece that actually slides into each rail and bolts from the bottom the JDM ones bolt thru the face of the crash bar on the front.
    ahh ic

hmmm, this has turned out to be a great thread...Midwerkz, i'd look into having them sponsor you to get the kit installed for free.
    -Pedro

Quote Originally Posted by Kalamidad
    hmmm, this has turned out to be a great thread...Midwerkz, i'd look into having them sponsor you to get the kit installed for free.
    I'm trying. They tell me to stop calling.

lol, persistance pays off.. it would probably be easier if you lived by them.
    -Pedro

I just need a show or a race win under my belt or something. Less distance would certainly help though.

thats exactly what DANJ's bumper looks like.
    Correction: That is what my Galant used to look like before I totaled my Galant in July.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    So what does it look now? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast