The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Gas Cap Cover Door Thingy

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    Ada

Gas Cap Cover Door Thingy

It was fine until one day I came out and saw that, it's hinges were broken inside. I don't think anyone was trying to break it but I dunno what could be the reason of its hinges just breaking.

Although I was telling this Valet guy about it, and he said it might be from the heat. It happened in the Summer and I live in Vegas, that combined with raod heat, etc... could have caused it to just break internally.

Does that make any sense? Did anyone else have this problem?

Sweet, another Vegas Galant, I think that makes about 10 or 11 of us. Send me a PM sometime maybe we can all get together.

As for your door hinge problem, maybe we can take a look at it and get it fixed for you. Hopefully its minor and can be fixed.

Matt
    Love,
    Matt

Senior TGC Member
    Dunno about you but my hinges have been warped for about a year now, and it scrapes against the body of the car if I don't pull down on the cover as I open it.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

I actually had this problem this past summer. I don't know if the cause was this past summer's scorcher, living in NJ, but the gas attendent told me that my gas cover was broken, and it was a broken hinge. I went to the dealer first to get it replaced but unfortunately, i had to fork out like $80 or something cuz they had to order the part then paint it. I wouldn't recommend that, if i was thinking straight this past summer, i would of called one of the the guys who's part of the TGC (I forgot who)....who's got connections w/a Mitsubishi dealership or something.....that way u can get a discount of the part.....then get it painted. See if that works out.
    "....BIG got hit in the passenger seat, 'Pac got hit in the passenger seat, now i'm ridin' 'round in the passenger seat..." 50 Cent

I got one from Sunrise Mitsubishi for like $20 shipped.