The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Sound System

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    Yeah I have 250$ to spend and on black friday (tomorrow) I'm going out and buying a JVC car stereo,
    Code:
    http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/JVC-Satellite-Radio-iPod-ready-In-Dash-Player-KDG320/sem/rpsm/oid/140834/catOid/-13641/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do
    JVC Satellite Radio/iPod®-ready In-Dash Player (KDG320)

JVCÂ*Â* KDG320
    • 50 watts x 4 peak power
    • MP3 and WMA playback
    • Satellite radio-ready
    Â*Â*Â*Â*
    • iPod-ready
    • Detachable faceplate
    • Two pre-amp output
    I don't have an ipod, but its a cheap stereo and it has free installation
    but so now I have around 140 to spend (saving some gas money)
    so i was thinking about buying some speakers or subs and an amp so I came across this other sale,
    Code:
    http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Magnum-Dual-12-Loaded-Enclosure-Magna-Bass-Amplifier-Combo/sem/rpsm/oid/162819/catOid/-13093/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do
    Magnum Dual 12" Loaded Enclosure/Magna Bass Amplifier Combo

MBSÂ*Â* MB212P
    • Variable crossover
    • Variable bass boost
    Â*Â*Â*Â*
    • LED indicator
    • Sealed enclosure
    and those btw don't have free installation, would the amp and subs be easy to install, because if they wouldn't be, I just wont buy them because it's 60$ installation
    so would that be somthing decent to buy? or what?

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    dont know part numbers so i cant tell you if its good or not post the link...i have the jvc with the 3.5 in tv in the middle i have had no problems with it and i love it, as far as subs and amp...make sure you do it right the first time or it will cost a lot more in the end to get what you want, 250 really isnt that much even on black friday,

to answer your other question it is very simple to install a sub/ amp combo there should be a few tutorials floating around but reguardless you will most likely have to buy an amp kit which is upwards of at least $40 for cheap wiring which im sure they will charge extra for, if you do decuide to get the sub/amp combo make sure you get 4 guage wiring at least and i will tell you how to install it tomorrow

i got my wiring for less than 30 shipped from this awsome site. i have had it for about 2 years and it's great. instalation is sooo easy, it's even eisier with an aftermarket radio.

the sit is http://www.americanthunderaudio.com/Produc...aspx?id=1512206

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

pretty late for this since i jsut got home from my black friday shopping but yea, the amp and sub install is defintely harder than installing the radio. if you haven't done it before, you might want to see how the installation person removed the radio since, you'll have to remove the radio also when running the signal wires from the radio to the amp.

you're also gonna have to remove a bunch of the trim panels and at least part of the back seat to get the signal wires and the power wires to the trunk. or at least for a clean install.

you're also gonna have to get through the firewall to run the power wire from the battery, through the passenger cabin and into the trunk. easiest way IMO is to just drill through the firewall and run it through there but you can also run it through some of the other grommets available like the one at the kickpanel.

it all sounds hard but its fairly simple. its just tedious.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

well, I didn't get to read any of these before buying the stuff, but I did buy these 2 things ^^ I'll upload a pic of the amp and subs, and what they came with

sorry for the size of the image

just bought an amp kit :) I hope it will work, now to find a step by step tut to installing this baby

Yep, it's installed :D

:D

the deck, crappy picture, good system though :D

trunk view, trunk is shitty, but car is gg :D

a word of advice, take the amp off the box. in a couple months the amp will be broken. as the subs hit they vibrate the litlle components inside the amp and they fall apart and disconnect. find somewere to mount it like on the back seat or anywhere else you like. i have seen amps brake this way, and i have personally broke one like that.

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

thanks, the guy at the store told me to mount them there, haha I guess he wanted me to buy another

I can't agree with the statement about amp mounting. I have had a dozen systems or more and had the amp bolted on top, on the side, on the back seat, all different positions. Electronics are electronics and if you over-use or get one with bad components its going to go out on you. I think its luck of the draw really. some will last forever no matter where you put it or abuse it. its going to get just as much vibrations on the back of the seat as it will mounted to the box. My amp is mounted to the wedge box in the Eclipse for almost a year now with no issues and that thing gets bounced all around (probably need to bolt it down, but oh well). leave it where its at, its fine.
    8G Galant GTZ-juiced, 275 hp
    1G Eclipse GSX-pushin 400 whp-09/22/06 12.33 @ 113mph

The best of both worlds...

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    YA i been running the same amps and speakers for over 4 years now and i have no problems with teh amp up there. By the way JL's are the shit cuz i been hitting em hard for so long and have no probs to this day.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

rockford fosgate bd1000 has been on the back of 2 alpine type r's for about 2 years now and it has been through anything from normal music to bass test songs and the amp is fine

FOUNDER OF THE EVO WING ON A G GROUP member #1