The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 99-01 Grill

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    Whats up everybody, Hope you enjoyed ya thankxgiving. I want to cut out the fins of my 01Galant grill, but not sure what tools i need. i was just gonna take a saw and cut away, but figured something powered might give me better results. so what kind of tools should i use? i want a good clean look....n e suggestions would be great

2001 5 speed 4g64T

this is in the wrong area for this question and if you search you'll come up with the answers....but a dremel is a good tool you'll also need sandpaper (no clue what grit) to smooth it out, and then like some Bondo or Fiberglass to give it a nice clean look where you cut the fins out.

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    yep rotary tool like dremel is best, bondo etc is a must there should be tutorial on here somewhere

I actually did look for a tutorial b 4 posting, but with my luck i couldnt find 1. I actually have a dremel so, im going to try to tackle this project tomorrow. as far as the bondo, i will have to pick some up 2morrow. thanxx

2001 5 speed 4g64T

I used tin snips and just cut at the ends. then sanded down.

Calipso
    Damn, since when did a grill become audio, security and electronics? Have cars really gotten that far in the future since I've had my Galant?

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    I used a coping saw. But then used the dremel to fine tune the sanding.

the sanding is the most important part to making it look good. i used a coping saw but i know of other members who used steak knives

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.