The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Help with my CF Hood Install....

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    Hey everyone....so I ordered a VIS Carbon Fiber hood and tried to install it the other day. I made sure that all the bolts were tight and everything, but when I close the hood, it seats correctlyu, but it won't lock. the only thing that is holding it is the safty latch. Am I supposed to only use only the hood pins or is it supposed to lock with the oem latch? Please someone help...

I ended up removing the hood latch and just using the hood pins for my install. It seemed like I was going to need to use too much pressure to lock the hood with the latch and didnt want to risk cracking the hood any. But there are plenty of members that were able to keep the stock latch. Did you cut notches out under the hood byt the strut towers? That's a point that also seems to hold the hood up some.
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

you might want tryning to adjust the hood latch so that it would catch better with the hood.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    yea there are 2 rubber stoppers try to adjust those, what i did with mine was i cut a small piece of plywood and put it under the latch on the hood si it got that extra 1/16th in or so, mine is erebuni but the mechanics ahould pretty much be the same

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    I had the same thing with my VIS hood. I actually took the hood latch off, I used a dremel with the grining tip and I opened up the bottom side of the bolt holes in the latch about 2mm. Put it back on and be sure to hold the hatch up as high as it can go then tighten the bolts. That worked for me. My other CF hood was some no name brand, it was prolly made at 7-11 but I dont care because it was $100, I had to trim the bottom of the hood alot because it was hitting the strut towers. To check for this, put a little grease, chewing gum, peanut butter, etc on the stut tower, and close the hood all the way, then open it and see if anything is on the underside of the hood, if it is, then its hitting. Whatever you decide to use for this test, make sure its sitting as close to the surface of the body of the car and not globbed on an inch thick or else the test is pointless.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS