The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: audio

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    I have a 2003 GTZ with the infinity premium sound system. i was wondering if i could hookup my ipod via headphone to RCA red and white wire through the back of the deck. Can i do it? do i need any additional wires?

thanks....

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    you dont even need to do that just get an fm transmitter, if you really want to hardwire it you will have to probroblly tap into the stock wiring with the stock deck

to hard wire an aux input, you're gonna have to get a new deck. as of now, as far as i know, there isn't an interface that will add an aux input to the 8g's factory radio.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

The FM transmitter would work, but the sound quality is horrible. Anytime a cell phone goes off in the car, the music cuts in and out.
    You would need to change your deck like pinoy said. That way, you can get CD quality tunes out of your iPod through hardwire

they have kits for you car that some how hardwire the ipod up. Not sure how it works though. The best solution is a deck that is ipod ready cuz all u need is the ipod adapter and plug it up. Perfect sound quality from your ipod in your car.

i can suggest a wonderful setup ive been using

clarion vrx755vd 1500 new ( 1000 new ebay ) 650 ( ebay refurbished)
    couple of gig ipod (at least 10 ) with 20 your set ( dunno , got my 20 gig for 200 )
    and the adapter paid 89 +tx at futur shop for ipod to clarion adapter

the best thing about this setup is the clarion screen is a touchscreen so you can navigate into your ipod just by touching your screen

with this setup NO MORE CDS , i was way tired of all my cds ( had some on both sides of both sun deflectors) , drove to BC and back to quebec , never listened to the same song TWICE

anyway , im greatly satsified with this and i highly recomment it

2002 blue G RIP07
    2003 grey G with the heart of an Evo 8
    1999 beige G . winter beater and well its beige

buy a headunit that has a usb port on it and use the white wire your ipod comes with, my friend has it and it sounds good. Alpine makes a nice one