The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Hesistating !!!

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    ESdriver00

Hesistating !!!

I pulled out of a drive way a little bit too fast and scrapped the bottom of my car and now my engine light came on 10 minutes after that. My car seems like its losing mad low end power cause it hesitates and the muffler pops. I have the vision import header and I'm lowered. I brought it to a muffler shop to have the exhaust checked out and they couldn't find anything wrong. It only acts up from a stop or if I slow down to about 30 mph and lower.

What the......??? Any idea what could be wrong?

Hope you didn't hit your oil pan........
    2001 Galant ES I4
    Injen RD CAI
    Kamikaze Headers
    Brospeed Prosport Muffler
    Brembo X-drilled/Slotted Rotors
    Progress Springs
    KYB AGX Adjustables
    Racing X Headlights
    Smoked Tails
    Custom Grill
    Titanium Limo Tint
    MOMO Shift Knob
    Tenzo R Mean-6 18"
    JBL 600.1
    2 JL 12W3 D4 in topfire custom box

My ride: http://photos.yahoo.com/nrg_neo

I'd check motor and tranny oil fluid levels just to be sure you didn't puncture any of those pans or hoses up front by the radiator.

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

ESdriver00
    Yeah, thanks, but I checked under the car and there wasn't any leak under the car.

How about bent or smashed piping..... especially the tranny hoses that go to the cooler right next to the radiator. Also get it up on jackstands and inspect it thoroughly with good lighting. You should be able to see signs of where you scraped the car and might point you to the culprit.

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

ESdriver00
    I will do that, but I hope that the shop checked that out when they had it up.

You probably smashed the header pipe. It hangs kind of low at the end, just before the collector. If so, they may be giving you a bad O2 sensor reading. You may have also damaged the O2 sensor.

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

ESdriver00
    Would that be causing the poping sound though?

It might, if the exhaust is looking for an escape and that escape is restricted, the backpressure will be enough to make a popping sound. You might also be getting random misfires.

First step is to go to Autozone and get the code diagnosed. Then you can troubleshoot the problem.

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Yep, follow Chips' advice. That light comes on when the O2 sensor is damaged or jolted. The light also comes on when the MAS is jolted or when you're taking in too much air. Performance usually goes down when the sensor is not working. In most cases, disconnecting the negative battery cable to reset the ECU will work but in your case, I don't know the extent of your damage.

ESdriver00
    Its saying that the O2 sensor for bank 1 is underthreshold. In other words its messed up. What next? Thats the one I just replaced a few months ago it can't be damaged, I hope.