The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Stolen?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 29
    lemacfar

Stolen?

Can someone "hot-wire" our cars... im really intersted on how they can do this.... i know the key thing w/ the chip, but can someone steal the car w/out hte key and how they woudl do it, i need to know quickly cause im impatient

Tazz2000
    Not without that chip. It just won't start.

lemacfar
    are you sure?????? i mean i need to know

EvoLuTioN
    it is possible... that chip only completes a circuit... trust me it can be done... i don't know the specifics of how... but i am 100% sure it can be done... remember guys... anything can be stolen...

Senior TGC Member
    It can be done, no car is really theft proof. If you look in the service manual for the car it explains how to disable/bypass the protection.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

WannaGTZ
    Why is it so important to know this?

Senior TGC Member
    He's a potential thief
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

remember that the 99's didn't have a chip so it kinda makes em a lil bit easier to steal in many cases. remember the 99's are the ones with the lap belt in the middle back seat, not the shoulder type

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Tazz2000
    ooops, my bad.

GOt a Tow Truck? You can steal anything...

But thats wrong to steal anyway, why speculate? I don't. After all you reap what you sow.

GalantLadie
    Now I was told when I bought my 00 es that it had an immobilizer if u tried to start the car with anything but the key the entire car would just shut down, now was the dealer b.sing me?

Tazz2000
    Quote Originally Posted by N.H.GalantLadie
    Now I was told when I bought my 00 es that it had an immobilizer if u tried to start the car with anything but the key the entire car would just shut down, now was the dealer b.sing me?
    That's why I thought mine wouldn't start. Maybe I was right. :?:

If they don't shut my alarm off, they won't be going anywhere for long. I have 2 sirens under the hood, and 1 inside the car.

Quote Originally Posted by N.H.GalantLadie
    No it's true. The system does have an immobilizer. I've seen the circuit diagram in the repair manual.

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

i will tell you how to do it.
    1. open the door. get in the car.
    2. leave the door open
    3. turn parking light on
    4. tap brake 5 times.
    5 close door
    6. get your vin. look up the 3rd number (digit) in the sequence you see.
    7. tap brake the number of times you get from #6.
    8. turn off park lights.

you have just disabled the immobilizer for 1 start attempt.

GREEN is the new BLACK

Quote Originally Posted by ASTIG
    i will tell you how to do it.
    1. open the door. get in the car.
    2. leave the door open
    3. turn parking light on
    4. tap brake 5 times.
    5 close door
    6. get your vin. look up the 3rd number (digit) in the sequence you see.
    7. tap brake the number of times you get from #6.
    8. turn off park lights.

you have just disabled the immobilizer for 1 start attempt.

What?!?! are you serious. How do you reset it or it resets itself after you start car. You also need to find a key that doesn't have a chip to try this.

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

Nick VR4
    OMG

Im really glad I have a aftermarket Alarm and immobilizer

Senior TGC Member
    You stay away from my car Astig...I have no aftermarket anti-theft devices :shock:

guys I'm just kidding! hehe. do you really think I'll post something like that on the internet for the whole world to see?

GREEN is the new BLACK

Nick VR4

Hook line and sinker

but there is such a procedure. its called the "Immobilizer Override Procedure". It comes comes in a card the size of 2 business cards. My montero which has the immobilizer came with it. I dont remember such a card with the galant though. I'm gonna have to go to the dealer and ask about that.

Like I said, I wont discuss the procedure online, but here's the core of the procedure. There is a 4-digit code that must be entered by tapping the brake pedal. when its successfull, you can sart the car up to 2 times.

THIS IS TRUE!!!!!!!!!!

btw, you have to get the code from the dealer.

GREEN is the new BLACK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast