The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Sound Quality question

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    I have noticed that the sound quality in my car is terrible! When I listen to my music at home I can hear every little detail in the music. When I play the same cd in the car a lot of the detail becomes lost. Its almost like the sound is on mono. I checked my amp and both the rear and front speakers are set to stereo. Im using Pioneer speakers in the front and back along with a 10" Typ-R sub. Is my lack of detail in the music a result of cheap speakers? I have tried every setting adjustment on my amp for my interriors, but the quality still sucks. Anyone have any recomendations? Do I just need new speakers?
    "A mile of road takes you one mile...A mile of runway takes you anywhere."

Depends. Good SQ is the result of good components. Sorry to say, Pioneer is one of the cheapest speakers you can get. They're not terrible, but you get what you pay for. To get the most out of every component, you need a good headunit to start. So right there, what headunit are you using. It should have at least a 3V RCA output to the amp running your sub and interior speakers. What amps are you using? Cheap amps are due to cheap components. You will not get nearly as clear highs out of your speakers if your using say an Audiobahn amp compared to say a JL Audio/Alpine amp. There are many components to look at. Comparing home to car audio is not good either. Two totally different setups and atmospheres. To get true home type sound you would need a 5.1 channel surround player as well which is a hefty price for autos. Also, your rear speakers in the car really do you no good. The angle and distance from the front of the car makes them a non-factor. A good pair of components up front and a good amp powering them is the way to go. This reply turned long on me, but wanted you to know the many differences and components that separate a quality setup vs. a cheap one.
    8G Galant GTZ-juiced, 275 hp
    1G Eclipse GSX-pushin 400 whp-09/22/06 12.33 @ 113mph

The best of both worlds...

yes everything said above is true and if you want the best sound you will need good speakers and amp i would recoment alpine type x componenta and their v12 amps but if you want 100% out of your speakers you will need yo face them tward the ocupantin a kick panel or such

FOUNDER OF THE EVO WING ON A G GROUP member #1

I always wanted to add some custom kick panels up front. I like the mids and highs to scream. I could care less about the rears.

it might be your head unit. my sound changed alot when i upgraded the head unit. but as it was said above, you get what you pay for. what kind of amp do you have? head unit?

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

The head unit is definately the heart of the system. People don't understand that they should really start there and build up. You have crossovers and such on the amp, but the head unit is where you do the majority of tuning and changing. i didn't notice a huge difference when I upgraded from my Pioneer cd player to Alpine DVD, but the ability to change so many different settings is huge.

THanks for the info fellas. I was planning on replacing my headunit first. I'll hold off on speakers until I see how they sound with the new headunit. As far as amps go, I'm using a Kenwood for my interiors and a Rockford Fosgate for my sub.
    "A mile of road takes you one mile...A mile of runway takes you anywhere."

Before going out and spending some big bucks,try some tweeters first, i got a pair 4 my car and it made a difference

2001 5 speed 4g64T

just remmeber that a speaker will only reproduce the signal that it recieves. even the bestest most expensive speakers in the world can sound like ass if its connected to some low end head unit and the 20 dollar walmart amp you bought at the flea market.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.