The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Catback exhaust....

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
    Ok im needing a new exhaust not a totally new one just right around the cat the weld rusted out and its still attached but when you idle it vibrates and you hear it. So i was wondering if anyone knew of a good catback exhaust system or if i should just get the muffler shop to bend me some new pipes? I dont want to spend to much cause i do plan on changing out the exhaust cause i plan on going turbo i just need a fix for now. Also will the 2g Eclipse cat back fit or is the bend over the axle to small? Or will the 99 exhaust fit cause it seems to have the taller bend.

Experienced TGC Member
    If the 2g is a fwd then yes it will fit but it will come up 6" short in the front where it connects to the cat and about 4" short by the outlet in the rear. So you would need to extend it in the front and rear. All hangers work and the bends are the same.
    ASE Certified Master Automotive Tech
    2000 Galant ES = Daily Driver
    1996 Galant Turbo + 5 speed & lsd = fun ****SOLD****
    1992 Galant VR-4 #372/1000 Kensington Grey ***SOLD***

get a piping kit from vrsexhaust.com
    get aluminized 2.5" mandrel.

has about everything you need minus the muffler.
    you can get any muffler on ebay that you like.

or you can jsut get one of their bolt on kits that comes with the muffler and resonator.
    then have the exjhaust shop make the neccesery changes to lengthen it up a tad.

i got my ket from them, then it cost about 60 bucks to have the shop weld it up for me.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo