The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Question about 19" and tires

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 35 of 35
    Yeah iced out... well i have 20x8.5 with 38offset and im on GC coil overs/kyb agx and i dont have it lowered i have it adjust at the highest position possible on the coil over... i do rub in the front if i turn very hard and hit a bump... but if i go slow it usually clears.. I dont really care about the rub cuzz dubz going off in january... I ordered some 19's that will be going on end of january... they are 2piece wheels that are 19x8.5 with 33 offset and running a 235/35/19zr tire... i wouldnt recommend this low of offset on 8.5 unless you have flares... thats what im having molded on all 4 corners so i can tuck them... but i also need the lower offset to ensure clearence of the brembos... but this wheel only had low offsets...
    2000 Galant With 20 Inch TeZZen Wheels
    Rapped in Nitto 555 Z Rate 225/35/20 Tires!!

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/350820/

Yeah I have other stuff too but who cares LOL!

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    those wheels are NICE

pLUGSNEt, ya i figure they also work when i get the brembos, but the flares are not gona be like True fender flares, they look like what Censee,Cali and dangerdanj have thier the 6 peice ones which i think stick bout bout 1inch? so it should even out, just got see a place which rents out that fender roller machine. worse comes to worse hopefully the'll fit my new car

btw, what type of flares you doing something custome or useing these jdm flares and just molding those on? I was lookin at these flares they had on Ebay some unversel ones but it looks like a easy 2K to make em work right, i woundt mind spending 1K on them if thats possible
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

My Cragers are a 16x8 with a 12mm offset and they do stick out, but not terribly, its great for increasing your track width which definatly helps for racing. What I love about the G at stock ride height, at least in the back, is that your not obstructed with the fenders, so you can fit really wide tires on them without messing with much.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

38mm offset is too low of an offset for the 8g's too handle with a 8.5 width wheels
    I had 19x.8.5 with +44mm offset and coilovers on my old 8g. I had to run a -1.7degress camber in the rear just to tuck the wheels. I had my fenders rolling with a German made fender roller(not a bat) Your wheels will probaly stick out some past the fenders! There was a old member on here NiteRider he has 18x8.5 with a +36mm offset and his wheels stuck out later i installed Prokits on his car and it scrubbed so he had to ditch the springs and go to coilovers just to have the car a little lower!!Ohh yea a 235/35/19 tire will work thats what i had!!

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    but i'm still thinking 8.5 might be a bit too wide.. but good uck ice..

Quote Originally Posted by B19WHEELS
    38mm offset is too low of an offset for the 8g's too handle with a 8.5 width wheels
    I had 19x.8.5 with +44mm offset and coilovers on my old 8g. I had to run a -1.7degress camber in the rear just to tuck the wheels. I had my fenders rolling with a German made fender roller(not a bat) Your wheels will probaly stick out some past the fenders! There was a old member on here NiteRider he has 18x8.5 with a +36mm offset and his wheels stuck out later i installed Prokits on his car and it scrubbed so he had to ditch the springs and go to coilovers just to have the car a little lower!!Ohh yea a 235/35/19 tire will work thats what i had!!

Oh yea i only had 1/8 inch clearence on the rear.. (from front of tire to fender)

Sorry to revive, sort of, but I found a wheel that was 18x8 with a 35 offset, if I got them I would def get the jdm flares, but would they work in the rear even if I had the fenders rolled? Anyone? Didnt want to start a new thread since this was pretty much about the same thing....

I believe the jdm fender flares are screwed on using the lip that you would roll in the back. I'm on 18.x8 w/ a 38 offset w/ coilovers and I don't rub. I do have negative camber though to help the rear wheels tuck. W/o the neg. camber I would rub like there is no tomorrow.

did he ever put these wheels on anyways.......
    2000 Galant With 20 Inch TeZZen Wheels
    Rapped in Nitto 555 Z Rate 225/35/20 Tires!!

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/350820/

Yeah I have other stuff too but who cares LOL!

How do you do on tire wear bluestreak? I'm not big on auto body but it sounds like you just said that if the fenders are rolled you cant use the flares, so can you mold them on instead, haha? And just to make sure, my perception of rolling is modding the inside of the fender, that correct, lol?

And B19, why would he need to go with coilovers to be lower even though he was rubbing with springs?

I don't want them molded and as far as tire wear goes, Its actually pretty good. Just have to rotate my tires on time. My camber is not really that bad.

Hopefully you can tell from this pic. Ill take more when I get my car out the body shop

thats exactly how my car looks in the rear, with just a bit more camber, try -2.1. but not for long
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

no i didnt get those put on, the guy sold them local :cry:, But ill have them in black this summer hopefully the price of 3,700 drops
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

It wouldnt be good to alter the camber in front to semi-match the camber of the rear would it? Anyone have a clue as to why c/o would not allow it to rub compared to springs?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12