The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Where to use a tooth brush for gunk cleaning

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
    Reading previous posts, it stated that a tooth brush could clean the gunk out. My question is where is it located? Attached to this post is an image of what was removed, is it inside there? It seems to be a very shiny butterfly. Many thanks again.

[attachmentid=216]

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    VELKOM my friend... what exactly are you tryin to clean??? the Throttle body??

Hello milo, throttle body sounds good. How do i do it? I'll attach a picture of the whole engine, could you kindly point it out or talk me through it? Going out of town over the weekend, hoping to have good engine response. Long drive plus an incoming typhoon )

[attachmentid=217]

well if you're tryin to clean your throttle, try cleaning or replacing your air filter.. it's the box connected to your throttle body through a black plastic pipe. also go get an oil change while ur at it!!! since it seems like you're going for a long drive.. i'll try and post some pix later to show you what i was talkin about.. also we can wait for the masters for more info.

Did them already, just need to know how to clean the throttle body. How did you do it? What to remove? Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by milo111000
    well if you're tryin to clean your throttle, try cleaning or replacing your air filter.. it's the box connected to your throttle body through a black plastic pipe. also go get an oil change while ur at it!!! since it seems like you're going for a long drive.. i'll try and post some pix later to show you what i was talkin about.. also we can wait for the masters for more info.
    lol..."clean your throttle body by replacing your air filter", for some reason I don't think that will clean your t-body very well. You can clean your t-bdy a few different ways.
    1.Take it to a shop let them run that pressurized cleaner crap.
    2.Remove the the black plastic pipe from your t-body. Open the t-body and spray inside the t-body opening, but be be careful and make sure nothing enters the IAC area.
    3.Remove the t-body completely and use t-body cleaner and a rag and toothbrush to clean it.

I would try the second method 1st.

Oh yeah.... Im sure if you would have searched the site you would have found the same info.

Quote Originally Posted by neepar
    lol..."clean your throttle body by replacing your air filter", for some reason I don't think that will clean your t-body very well. You can clean your t-bdy a few different ways.
    1.Take it to a shop let them run that pressurized cleaner crap.
    2.Remove the the black plastic pipe from your t-body. Open the t-body and spray inside the t-body opening, but be be careful and make sure nothing enters the IAC area.
    3.Remove the t-body completely and use t-body cleaner and a rag and toothbrush to clean it.

I would try the second method 1st.

Oh yeah.... Im sure if you would have searched the site you would have found the same info.

i guess you didn't get my way offfffff eiingleeesh!!! i meant before you clean throttle body might be wise to clean your air filter!! :firedevil: :firedevil:

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    Yup. take EN101 again.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 9G
    Yup. take EN101 again.

lololol.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

sowwy fellas i'm no liguist!!! hehehehehe.. speak 2 other languages and sometimes i get a little confused..

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    welcome to tgc man.

what's up with your sig?lol
    -Pedro

pretty much what milo stated...remove the rubber, open the butterfly on the tb, spray and brush ... after a couple sprays stick put back the rubber on, start the car and then repeat... car will take a couple seconds to get started...kuz of the crap that ur spraying is getting sucked in...three times should do it
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

Quote Originally Posted by krazienluv10
    pretty much what milo stated...remove the rubber, open the butterfly on the tb, spray and brush ... after a couple sprays stick put back the rubber on, start the car and then repeat... car will take a couple seconds to get started...kuz of the crap that ur spraying is getting sucked in...three times should do it
    Roger that, open tb spray and brush. Return hose again. Many thanks. )

Kala, The Signature i just copied and pasted it from my motorcycle forum. Speed gets me going all the time and any time. Thanks it's nice to be here )

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Glad you feel at home.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Many thanks for the help. The car runs impressively well.

Removed rubber hose
    Kept accelerator open using a mallet
    Mixed thinner and kerosene to a pressure spray
    Repeated twice
    <span style="color:#FF0000">Tip:</span> attach a hose to the end of the pressure spray to get deep in the manifold.

I was very surprised to see how much gunk there was. This is a definite "must do" in my book. Now i'm excited to see how fuel efficient the car will be. Many thanks again )

<span style="font-family:Arial Black"><span style="color:#FF0000">Important tip:</span></span> <span style="color:#FF8C00">Before Starting</span><span style="color:#2E8B57">(</span><span style="color:#FFFF00">unless you are one with your engine already</span> <span style="color:#4169E1">:)</span><span style="color:#2E8B57">)</span>

- Start without applying gas. let it idle for a few seconds (rough idle)
    - Give a quick rev to around 3 thousand rpm. make it drop to idle, most probably it will die, start again.
    - Then keep steady at 1500 rpm for a few seconds (white smoke will emit) (<span style="color:#0000FF">if you follow up with another high rev, you'll knock the engine...not good</span>).
    - repeat until smoke is less. When less.
    - Quick rev to 4 thousand, repeat steady idle at 1500.
    - Take it for a spin doing the same routine but moving on the road this time.

Many thanks again :)

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    Cool.