The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Whats the problem??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 29 of 29
    i think mines the same way cause it looks like it when im sitting in the car
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511

Experienced TGC Member
    guys it is normal for our cars to sit lower on the driver side front and higher on the pass side rear. It has to do with most of the weight on the car being on the driver side. ex....driver sits on that side and heavy ass motor = alot of weigth on the ds front suspension at the same time the rear ps suspension gets less of the weight distribution. after time the front spring weekens and forms the stance we all hate. Many believe that is why mitsu switched the engine layout to help there vehicles have better balance.
    ASE Certified Master Automotive Tech
    2000 Galant ES = Daily Driver
    1996 Galant Turbo + 5 speed & lsd = fun ****SOLD****
    1992 Galant VR-4 #372/1000 Kensington Grey ***SOLD***

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepervr-4
    guys it is normal for our cars to sit lower on the driver side front and higher on the pass side rear. It has to do with most of the weight on the car being on the driver side. ex....driver sits on that side and heavy ass motor = alot of weigth on the ds front suspension at the same time the rear ps suspension gets less of the weight distribution. after time the front spring weekens and forms the stance we all hate. Many believe that is why mitsu switched the engine layout to help there vehicles have better balance.
    Well my car looks that way, when i'm not sitting in the car, the rear passengersite is 1 inch higher than the driver rear side, i have changed front arms. front and rear shocks, fornt and rear springs but looks teh same , my buddy car a 8g galant has that same problem

mine definantly does NOT have the problem. from what you say if you changed everything it's shouldn't still do it.

i got 82k on all my stock suspension.

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by microgalant
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepervr-4
    Well my car looks that way, when i'm not sitting in the car, the rear passengersite is 1 inch higher than the driver rear side, i have changed front arms. front and rear shocks, fornt and rear springs but looks teh same , my buddy car a 8g galant has that same problem
    I have the problem as well and I searched for the answer a long time ago and that is what I found.
    ASE Certified Master Automotive Tech
    2000 Galant ES = Daily Driver
    1996 Galant Turbo + 5 speed & lsd = fun ****SOLD****
    1992 Galant VR-4 #372/1000 Kensington Grey ***SOLD***

Im so glad there's a thread on this subject because my car has had this problem for a long time. I just recently did a suspension overhaul with prothane bushings on the shocks and struts and thought that would fix the problem but didn't work. I had originally thought it was the shock too but when i fixed it, it still sagged in the rear. I'm thinking of replacing all my bushings with prothane ones and maybe that might work. Probably also replace my spring insulators while im at it. Hopefully this might work. I think you should also try all the suggestions u got from other members.... sleepervr-4 could also be right :smt102
    7G SOHC 5SPD

No one has fixed their problem yet?

^^ well since my drop couple of months have passed and my rear seems to have evened off. Its still a little bit uneven at the front. The front right still seems alittle higher than the left, but i think its probly my imagination...Im thinking of installing prothanes and even changing out my upper strut mounts.
    7G SOHC 5SPD

Well still have tha problem, i'm planning of getting new rear arms,where can i ordered them??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12