The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: found a gst cheap

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    well guys, like everyone here knows that our 7G could use some more power......a friend's 95 gst could be in my garage if i decide to come up with 1250 for it.....the car is not drivible but the engine and tranny is in good condition.....i have 2 7G......one is a 94ls auto and the other on is a 97es 5spd swaped......

now.....a turbo kit for our motor will ran up to almost 2000 if we use used parts(i dont mind sing them)......is me getting this gst a good deal for 1250??

i was thinking on taking the turbo parts from the car(after buyng the car) and puting it on my motor on the 97es.....then taking the tranny that i'v put in and swapping it out with the eclipse's 5spd tranny

the trannt from my 97 will then go to my 94ls.....

i was also thinking that since everything will be there for the dohc swapp....i could go ahead and put on the head also on the 97es.....

in the end i would have a turbo charged 4g64 DOHC....

or should i just swap in the 4g63-t???

i know that the eclipse motor can handle higher modes but then theoredicaly, a turbo charged 4g64 will beat a stock 4g63t.....

on more question will be about the stock internals....if i swap the DOHC, will i still be limited to 8psi???im not planning on going over that but i was just wondering....and can i use the 95 gst ecu instead of buyng a SAFC(or other fuel management system) on my car for while untill i can get a good deal on one of them??

well fellow TGC members, i need your input on this subject..

thanks
    Don(da1085)
    1990 GSX(91 eprom ecu set-up)
    6-bolt jdm (GVR4)
    16G turbo
    3inch turbo back(flowmasters)
    510cc
    OSTRICH
    FMIC
    ___trying to learn the art of tuning___

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    $1250 for a 2g is pretty dayam cheap and a good deal! I say go for it...it would be better to buy a whole car and alot of the parts you need to turbo the 7g would be easily accessable. You can pretty much use everything parts wise to turbo the stock 4G64 in the 7g in the Eclipse. The only thing that would need to be done is a custom exhaust because has a little bit longer cat back piping.

After that you could easily part out the Eclipse or even sell whatever left with the car you don't need locally to a DSM ethusiast and easily break even or even better make more profit from what you intially bought it for.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>i was also thinking that since everything will be there for the dohc swapp....i could go ahead and put on the head also on the 97es.....

or should i just swap in the 4g63-t???</div>

Yes, again having a complete car and if you did plan to do the DOHC swap...everything you need is easily accessible. You could go either route...DOHC 4G64 or a 4G63 swap, either or wiring modifications will be required (I won't go into it because the topic has been brought up many times on how to do it). You just have to make the decision on what do you want: DOHC 4G64 or a 4G63????

A DOHC 4G64 would make good power and would produce more bottom end torque than a 4G63. Also you could run a big turbo and be able to spool it up faster compared to a 63. Though a 4G64 won't rev as high compared to the 63..due to its larger displacement and stroke.

A 4G63 doesnt take much explanation on what could be done to it...its been proven many times. You may not get the bottom end torque like a 64..but you sure make up for it in the higher RPM's. Also 63's can rev alot higher too.

It really depends what you want and whats in your budget.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>on more question will be about the stock internals....if i swap the DOHC, will i still be limited to 8psi???im not planning on going over that but i was just wondering....and can i use the 95 gst ecu instead of buyng a SAFC(or other fuel management system) on my car for while untill i can get a good deal on one of them??</div>

If you did a headswap on a 4G64...you gain more air flow up top, but you still retain the same compression on the bottom. I have read and heard that you can run 12psi safely on a stock 4G64 all day with a good tune, and personally I was running 10psi reliably for almost a year on -G-rim. You still wouldn't be able to turn up really high boost compared to a stock 4g63 since they have lower compression pistons. I believe you can use a stock 2g ECU on your 97 7g...they should have the same 4 plug ECU. The only thing you would have to do is move around some wiring pins to accomodate the DOHC setup.

The only thing I would change if you bought the 2g is the turbo. The t25 is smaller than the 14b equipped on the 1g DSMs and not as effecient either compared to a 14b. I would at least find a 14b or if you have the extra &#036;&#036; a 16g (Small 16/Big 16g/EVO III 16g)....just don't use a T25. If you fit that to a 4g64, it will spool it instantaneously which would get annoying during initial acceleration and not the mention be very unefficient at higher RPM's on a 4G64.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Quote Originally Posted by da1085
    well guys, like everyone here knows that our 7G could use some more power......a friend's 95 gst could be in my garage if i decide to come up with 1250 for it.....the car is not drivible but the engine and tranny is in good condition.....i have 2 7G......one is a 94ls auto and the other on is a 97es 5spd swaped......

now.....a turbo kit for our motor will ran up to almost 2000 if we use used parts(i dont mind sing them)......is me getting this gst a good deal for 1250??

i was thinking on taking the turbo parts from the car(after buyng the car) and puting it on my motor on the 97es.....then taking the tranny that i'v put in and swapping it out with the eclipse's 5spd tranny

the trannt from my 97 will then go to my 94ls.....

i was also thinking that since everything will be there for the dohc swapp....i could go ahead and put on the head also on the 97es.....

or should i just swap in the 4g63-t???

i know that the eclipse motor can handle higher modes but then theoredicaly, a turbo charged 4g64 will beat a stock 4g63t.....

on more question will be about the stock internals....if i swap the DOHC, will i still be limited to 8psi???im not planning on going over that but i was just wondering....and can i use the 95 gst ecu instead of buyng a SAFC(or other fuel management system) on my car for while untill i can get a good deal on one of them??
    well fellow TGC members, i need your input on this subject..

thanks
    Don(da1085)
    with the eclipse engine management, and the dohc headswap,
    you will be able to run as much boost as a stock 2g eclipse.
    so 14 psi.
    so long as you are runnign 93 octane.
    from there..
    you are limited to all thesame thigns as an eclipse.
    so if you want to run more boost, you'll need a larger turbo and injectors, boost controller etc.
    basicallly the same rules as modifying a stock 2g eclipse,
    cause essentially thts where you will be starting from.

but your bottom end is EQUALLY as strong as the 2g 4g63
    its just a matter of having a good tune, and good engine management that limits you sohc guys to 8 psi.
    but that mnotor could handle as much as 20 psi no changes botom end changes(WITH APPROPRIATE SUPPORTING MODS).
    since the ecu will retard timing based on need(assuming you wire up the knock sensor,
    as long as you are running 93 octane or higher, i think you'd be fine.

but this of course is all contingent on you having a bottom end thats in a good state of repair, and solid comrpession numbers.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

ok guys i tried asking him on lowering the price since he had said that the eclipse was in an accident and it had front damage....here is the conversation so far:

Look at Ebay Motors item # 140059902543 This a 97-99 Mits Eclipse GSX/GST Engine only with bad compression on #1 & #3 cyl Block and head only &#036;800.00 plus shipping, Item # 200053026737 is a 95-98 Turbo engine &#036;1,450.00 Plus shipping, Item # 140059845907, Turbo Engine &#036;1,600.00 plus shipping. Now everything I've seen on Shipping is in the area of &#036;250.00 so ad &#036;250.00 to the lowest priced engine and you come up with &#036;1,050.00 and then with this engine your faced with a minimum of a head gasket job which will run approx &#036;850.00 so total engine cost is &#036;1,900.00 or with the one for &#036;1,600.00 plus &#036;250.00 and your at &#036;1,850.00.
    Now you might get a warr with them but I'm offering a car with a tranny which is worth +/- &#036;600.00 after you roll in shipping cost. I'll offer a start up warr on both for &#036;1,850.00 and I'll deliver it to San Antonio if you want. Now you state that I'm offering a non working engine but I'm assuring you that it was operating up to the accident, the accident had no effect on the engine so I'm convinced that there is nothing wrong with the engine

So lets look at the options as I see them

Ebay motors Engine &#036;1,850.00 + Tranny &#036;600.00 = &#036;2,450.00
    Mine &#036;1,250.00 Plus delivery W/O warr &#036;1,250.00
    Mine with Del Plus Start up warr &#036;1,850.00

Your choice

-------------------------------------
    this is his latest response from my message....

is it wort the risk or am i in a bad situation??

also if i did get this car and finished the swap, will i be faster than a stock gst since i'd be running a DOHC 4g64-T?? or will the eclipse beat me if i raced one.......racing like from a stop and from a roll...
    6-bolt jdm (GVR4)
    16G turbo
    510cc
    OSTRICH
    FMIC

somethings came into my head last night.....

i would like to do the dohc and turbo on my engine from the gst parts......but then i cant do it all at the same time......

ok if i do the turbo first, i can use the stock gst ECU??

or if i go DOHC first can i use the stock gst ECU??

or i have to do both for me to use the stock ECU?

also since it's a 95 gst and im a 97 7g will i still be OBD2?

can someone tell me for sure if the ecu will work for me
    6-bolt jdm (GVR4)
    16G turbo
    510cc
    OSTRICH
    FMIC