The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Recommendations on an amp/box?

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
    Calipso
    I just picked up two Pioneer 12" 4-ohm TS-W301R's. I'm sticking with everything pretty much Pioneer because their speakers are great for highs and I love the headunit I have.

Now I'm just wondering, I'm not totally knowledgeable when it comes to car audio, especially amplifiers......so I'm wondering if I should go with a 1-channel amp or 2-channel amp. I don't plan on putting an amp on my interior speakers for a while, since their output is pretty good as is.

So I'm asking.....which one of these should I get?

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-H1gmvCmIXj5/c...mp;I=130GM7200M

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-H1gmvCmIXj5/c...mp;I=130GM5200T

I'm not going to be buying either of them from crutchfield, but I use crutchfield as a reference for specs and such. I'm on a budget so don't try and throw out Audiobahn, Kicker, or Rockford out there.

As for a box, I'm still undecided.....I probably don't need anything too fancy.

I have a 4 channel for the speakers plus a mono for my both subs. By the way I paid 1/3 of the price of that link that you put.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=150039305667

audiobahn is cheap garbage anyway... don't want that... are you looking for these to sound half decent, because when you're doing audio, it like performance parts... you get what you pay for... elemental designs is an affordable alternative to expensive equipment...

Calipso
    Quote Originally Posted by rez887
    I have a 4 channel for the speakers plus a mono for my both subs. By the way I paid 1/3 of the price of that link that you put.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=150039305667
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(calipso)</div><div class='quotemain'>I'm not going to be buying either of them from crutchfield, but I use crutchfield as a reference for specs and such.</div>

:???:

Quote Originally Posted by Calipso
    :???:
    When I posted that I was still half sleep! :laughing:

Experienced TGC Member njjfudge's Avatar
    I think it is best to use a Mono (1-channel) amp for your subs. I would go with your first choice.

2001 w/Old Style VR-4 front conversion

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar

ya that amp is good. and mono block is better you get more power, just wire like the diagram above.

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

i personally have one 12'' infinity and a q-logic bandpass box i got from best buy for 120. it fuckin hits!!!! one thing i suggest though, make sure it is completely air tight between the plexy glass and the cone!!
    GrimM_DesignZ

Rockford is always a safe choice for amplifier. The hifonics posted would work good too. If you use a mono amp it will work harder than a 2-channel would to power 2 subs. So keep that in mind when you're looking at power ratings. Your box can be simple, but you want it built well. It should be 3/4" mdf and caulked on the inside. I would not get a bandpass as the sound quality is not that great for a range of music. A sealed would most likely work best.
    8G Galant GTZ-juiced, 275 hp
    1G Eclipse GSX-pushin 400 whp-09/22/06 12.33 @ 113mph

The best of both worlds...

http://www.cadencestore.com/ProductC...&idproduct=243

Cadence has good amps, and for the box get a vented one, the sound is better

that hifonics amp is the same one i have, just havent put it in yet.

i wouldnt count out an amp for interiors since they might sound good now but not be loud enough once you get subs in.
    ...pain is temporary, pride is forever...

Quote Originally Posted by thebirdman13
    audiobahn is cheap garbage anyway... don't want that... are you looking for these to sound half decent, because when you're doing audio, it like performance parts... you get what you pay for... elemental designs is an affordable alternative to expensive equipment...

x2 but ED is getting expensive, they just had a price raise on most items
    No more Galant. Hello G35 and a GREAT BIG HELLO TO MY TURBO! :)
    <><>www.freesurveymoney.webs.com<><>
    Earn easy money, NO you do NOT need a credit or debit card!! Free
    I have proof upon request