The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Performance or looks.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 67
    Calipso
    Here's the case.

I'm going to get a new paintjob in the spring time hopefully. So if I'm getting a kit I may as well get one and have it put on then painted.

Performance or looks? Nitrous kit or cyber 1/2 kit? My car looks okay as is, but I want the slick riding look. Unfortunately I have alot of pot holes around here and alot of cars with kits have cracked bumpers etc.

At least with nitrous I'd be able to have some fun around the area. (Mainly on track)

So, body kit, or nitrous. Or heck, maybe just even an integra type-R half front bumper. It looks good. Anyone? I just hate the stock rear bumper on 8G's.

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    what specs you have right now??? if you got the werx like the 5 speed, ect.. then might as well invest on the NO2. if not i'd rather spend on the looks..

front lip, side skirts & a rear lip.. the body work/parts shouldnt cost that much .. and then save up for the nitrous

FOUNDER OF THE EVO WING ON A G GROUP member #1

Experienced TGC Member
    Saying that you and i are the same. Personally im a heavy footed driver... I dont need TOO much performance.... 180 HP will suit me fine.. Hell when can you legally use that much power anyways (besides on the track)? So what im doing is going with my 180 HP goal... I like more looks than anything... So i would say.. Simple performance, alot of suspension upgrades because its always fun to be able to outhandle people or hell... have better control over your car... and good looks... You as a 8G owner have more options for looks... Us 7g Owners have 3 kits avaliable.. and one isnt even in america... So hell get a nice kit, paint, small enine mods and call it quits... Unless you are one of those people that want to prove Galants to be some other than a "grocery getter" then feel free to do what you want. But thats just my .02. P.S. This is an OPINIONATED thread.. so it would be pointless to bash on someone for casting their opinion (not hinted to anyone in specific)

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Sounds like a JDM bumper would work best for you. And I never have been a fan of nitrous.

Go will always be > then show. How much fun can you have looking at a show car?
    7g for life!

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    How much fun can you have looking at a show car?
    Haha, people on the outside won't have much fun at all looking at a show car, due to the fact envy/jealousy is one of the GREATEST motivators for one to do better...
    As you can plainly see, I'm all about looks by far. I mean don't get me wrong it's all based on opinions...
    Ever see the movie "Empire", starring John Leguizamo...
    In the opening theme, he said some sh*t like money; you have to act like you have even if you don't...
    Haha, I'd rather have the problems of a rich man, rather than a poor man (Hell Or Even A "Middle Waged" Man)
    Anyways, the 0 to 60 is out...
    Hehe, it's all about BALLIN'...
    Just Kidding, go with the kit (IMO)...
    But whatever you want...
    :D

Kid

Saving People, Property, And The Environment From Such Dangers As Fire, Hazardous Materials, And The Grim Reaperâ„¢...

Calipso
    My HP goal is 220. I don't have cash to invest into a turbo for the next year or so. (Big college bills lately, paying all in cash instead of loans)

Nitrous is affordable. I have intake right now, exhaust for x-mas. Headers maybe CMF when they actually have them available, but probably not. $600 for headers would be better spent on turbo.

As for the nitrous I'd be getting. NX wet kit, walbro fuel kit, SAFC to tune it properly. After a while I'd probably have to get a new clutch since stock clutches don't take to Nitrous too well.

JDM bumper is nice but expensive. I can't have my front end too low to the ground because it'd be gone or cracked easily.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    I say u get rid of them white rims and Altezzas asap, that will hold u over on looks for at least a while.

Experienced TGC Member njjfudge's Avatar
    You can get an Old Style VR-4 bumper from trigger for $290 shipped, not that bad if you ask me. As far as looks or performance I would go with looks if nitrous is the choice, just cant get over the old refilling a bottle thing. I would also look into a half bumper like pinoyesv6 has.

2001 w/Old Style VR-4 front conversion

The new CMF turbo kit will work with CMF version 1 and 2 headers. If they make the kit and it doesn't suck, well thats a different story.

I dont like body kits so I say nitrous. But then again, I dont like nitrous either.....

"function over form"

but thats just me.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Calipso
    Quote Originally Posted by Serstylz2
    I say u get rid of them white rims and Altezzas asap, that will hold u over on looks for at least a while.
    We've gone over this before. #1. I'm painting my rims black, I have on stock wheels. Black altezzas > crappy OEM lights. I don't want JDM's. I've seen your car, so you aren't one to have a real input on looks.

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Calipso
    We've gone over this before. #1. I'm painting my rims black, I have on stock wheels. Black altezzas > crappy OEM lights. I don't want JDM's. I've seen your car, so you aren't one to have a real input on looks.
    BURN!!!!

Sorry.

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

You can show your racecar,

but can you race your showcar.

Personally I choose performance over everything else, ride comfort, quietness, climate control, can all be sacrificed for speed. Yes I'd daily drive a racecar.

Personally what I think would look increadably sexy on the back of a g is a nice diffuser, like forza style, exept without the exhaust exiting out the middle of the bumper, but a nice splitter/diffuser combo would really make the car look tons better.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

Calipso
    Don't mean to be a dick, but if you are going to try and talk smack you should look at yourself first. Ya know?

I mean you have 7k+ posts on here and your car looks more stock then most I've seen out on the roads.

do what's right for you. you don't have be JDM if you don't want to. I'd say lose the tezzas and tint your oem tails.

hes right, do what you want to do. I understand you want an opinion, but overall you have to drive the car, not us. Thus you have to be content w/ it. Dont try to go by what everyone else has here. Make your car YOURS. We may not like altezzas but if you do so be it. I'm very open minded and if you can make it work and look good on the car more power 2 you. ;)

im not sure, back when i had my 7g, it was more style and comfortable ride, springs, shocks, STB, and wheels and I love how it drove with the ride on rails feeling. Now with the 6GVR4 i'll be more performance mind, and a little style but keeping it clean and subtle.

If I had an 8g, i would go the route of and kit it, Jay has a kit and is lowered and drives his G in NY.

It all depends what state of mind your in now and your budget, today might be speed tomorrow might be style.
    Signature wanted call: 1800-Darkkend

<a>Take Better Photoshots Tips from the Pro's</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Calipso
    I mean you have 7k+ posts on here and your car looks more stock then most I've seen out on the roads.

I feel you are wrong about this statement.. just cause you are a active member on the site dosent mean you have the income to do that much on the car..and to each his own.. if he likes the way his car is the if he is happy why would he care...
    and there is pleasure in having a show car ... try taking home 2 best mitsu, 1best under construction
    it feel pretty good that you accomplished (in my case helped accomplish) something that looks good enough to beat the other guys in a car show...car shows are some what like drag racing who ever has the better equiptment and more hp wins the race.. and for carshows who ever has the better looking car and has the best equpitment wins the show..

I feel if you dont have the &#036; to do the engine work and tning and such use it for the body work

FOUNDER OF THE EVO WING ON A G GROUP member #1

I'd go with nitrous myself. Of course, I have the 2002 body style, which I think is much better than the 01. As looks go, the last thing I would get is a body kit, especially if you are concerned about potholes and that kind of thing. Nothing looks worse than a busted ass body kit, in my opinion, and makes you look worse if you can't afford to fix it.
    As far as Altezzas go, I like my black ones. The chrome I think look like garbage, as do the CF. If there was one thing I would change about my tails, it would be to repaint the black plastic with actual black, and tint the red parts of the tails black. I like the chrome rings in them, and they match a circular pattern on my car, with the polished lip on my 18s, and the circular exhaust tip. The black on the tails matches the tinted windows and CF hood, so it all works out for me.
    Personally, I think it's silly that everyone here is all "Get the JDM tails!". Not that I have a problem with them, but
    1. We buy Galants because they are different from the average racer style crowd.
    2. If everyone has JDM tails, then they will look more common, less impressive. (which is fine by me, makes the Altezzas stand out more :P)
    So yeah, I like the JDM tails enough, but I like the Altezzas more, and when it comes down to it, they are both better than stock. The reason there is a variety of accessories for our cars is because people like to have individual styled cars. If you hate it, don't put it on YOUR G. :)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast