Thread: Performance or looks.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 67
    You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    Performance.

You've done the 5-speed already...

Calipso
    Quote Originally Posted by Koncept
    I'd go with nitrous myself. Of course, I have the 2002 body style, which I think is much better than the 01. As looks go, the last thing I would get is a body kit, especially if you are concerned about potholes and that kind of thing. Nothing looks worse than a busted ass body kit, in my opinion, and makes you look worse if you can't afford to fix it.
    As far as Altezzas go, I like my black ones. The chrome I think look like garbage, as do the CF. If there was one thing I would change about my tails, it would be to repaint the black plastic with actual black, and tint the red parts of the tails black. I like the chrome rings in them, and they match a circular pattern on my car, with the polished lip on my 18s, and the circular exhaust tip. The black on the tails matches the tinted windows and CF hood, so it all works out for me.
    Personally, I think it's silly that everyone here is all "Get the JDM tails!". Not that I have a problem with them, but
    1. We buy Galants because they are different from the average racer style crowd.
    2. If everyone has JDM tails, then they will look more common, less impressive. (which is fine by me, makes the Altezzas stand out more :P)
    So yeah, I like the JDM tails enough, but I like the Altezzas more, and when it comes down to it, they are both better than stock. The reason there is a variety of accessories for our cars is because people like to have individual styled cars. If you hate it, don't put it on YOUR G. :)
    I actually had my chrome TYC's painted completely black except for the red reflectors and reverse light housing by IPAINTU. It looks pretty damn good IMO and gotten plenty of compliments. I like 3rd gen JDM tails but EVERYONE HAS THEM.

Calipso
    Quote Originally Posted by 9G
    Performance.

You've done the 5-speed already...
    I can always put money aside for the turbo every month for a year or so. Right now I was just wondering about the next month or two.......everyone's going looks.....you're going performance. The choices, the choices.

Well i would say go show and proformance , just pick one to start with and work on that till you start to get a lil bored of it and then go to the other... NOT TO SAY you are going to be bored with the car it self just when you think it is time for a change start doing the other.... like me i started doing lots of show mods, but now i am going to start to work on the proformance side .... i am getting $$$ saved up now so i can boost my ride and after that who knows what i might do like internals or NOS ... and while i am working on the proformance side of things i will still be doing some fiberglass work to the interior cuz to FG parts doesnt cost much $$ at all just takes time ... but do what ever will make u happy cuz i dont have to drive ur ride and u dont have to drive mine...

You said u were getting it painted tho right? is it going to be a custom paint job or just a respray? cuz if you are getting a custom paint job then i would say for sure get a kit first cuz it will be hard to match a custom paint job.....

just my 2 cents 8-)

Psssssssssst Got Air???

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

What I like about performance is that it can be proven. If you think your faster then race, that resolves it. Styling is all up to the person who drives it, so I try not to stick my head in that area unless asked an opinion. Personally the only thing I have done for looks really is putting in my interior neons, other than that everything else on the car will have a purpose, and a purpose I can fully explain. I hate when people have all sorts of "performance" stuff and have no clue what it does, how it works, or even if it works. I'm a bit extreme in my views but with my car its all up to me.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

My suggestion - You want a kit but are leery of all the pot holes destroying it. The rear bumper is the part of your current kit you like the least. I say you get a new rear bumper in the cyber 2 style (at least what ViS calls cyber 2). It has tons of clearance compared to most kits, shows off any fancy mufflers you may have, and will leave you with enough money to get some parts for the N20 setup. Win-win IMHO.

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    so i guess perfomance has to go first.. like what the other mem said, it's not nice to look at a show car.. soop it up then make it look good.

Calipso
    That's the thing.

I want cyber 1 front, and cyber 2 sides/rear. Just having a hard time finding cash and I want clearance. I don't know if I should take off my teins and put progress springs on if I get a kit. The teins sit low enough, I can imagine how low the progress would put the kit.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Calipso
    We've gone over this before. #1. I'm painting my rims black, I have on stock wheels. Black altezzas > crappy OEM lights. I don't want JDM's. I've seen your car, so you aren't one to have a real input on looks.
    The difference between my car and your car is I'd drive my car, I wouldnt even stand next to yours.

j0seph
    Quote Originally Posted by Serstylz2
    The difference between my car and your car is I'd drive my car, I wouldnt even stand next to yours.
    i just read the ggs thread ahhahahaa.. kinda reminds me of what this is turning out.
    stop the hate, it's still a g.

/yayhey

Calipso
    Quote Originally Posted by Serstylz2
    Yup, because a green 8G with OEM rims, black altezza's is evil. I'd rather stand next to a black 8G with oxidizing paint and 99.9% stock.

yo think about it kid,u live in MASS so if its only the next 2months your interested in I would do performance cause most people put away there cars for the winter,not worth doing the body yet just to dodge snow banks and shit if its youre daily driver.
    Nobody built like u, u desighn ur self.

5spd swap
    full custom body conversion
    18x9 Works VS
    Big 16g evo3T next project

I vote performance.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Ya performance is better. What good is having a nice looking car that doesnt really performe well.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    yea i would go jdm, more aggressive look and its not fiberglass, better to spend the few extra dollars then keep having to repair it and paint it, plus at least with mine most of the bolt holes etc line up so you can install the bumpers yourself sides you just cut off the clips and they fit good so in the end you will save on body work

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    This is a personal opinion. 8-)

I am more on the side of performance..but I always try to stay within the balance of performance and looks. I like my cars to perform but also..I also want my cars to look nice too. 8-) I understand though there are people that are happy the opposite sides of the spectrum, but again that personal preference.

From experience from my very early days of my car addiction especially with my old 95 Galant that when your car is strictly done up on looks...you get more attention and have more people taunt to race you. It gets frustrating that I have a car that looks fast, but can't back it up at all.

I don't think my cars are the fastest street killing machines or the hottest "whips" that can win every single appearance oriented car show. I never intended or was my goal with my cars anyways. I think they look nice but simple but they both can hold their own ...enough for the other to probably respect my Galants I guess.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    everyone might have jdm tails but when have you seen one around your way besides when everyone meets together. I had my JDM tails for 3 years now living in NYC and I have yet to see another JDM tail unless we are meeting up. But I can tell you I seen altezza everyday on a G.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominicano
    everyone might have jdm tails but when have you seen one around your way besides when everyone meets together. I had my JDM tails for 3 years now living in NYC and I have yet to see another JDM tail unless we are meeting up. But I can tell you I seen altezza everyday on a G.
    You got that right, most Tezzas owners I've met in the past doesn't want to meet up or get involved with TGC. Then again, it's kinda easy for a non memeber to get TYC tails from Ebay these days so go figure. ;-)

I have the cyber 1 bumber (big opening) and the cyber 2 sides and rear in my garage. its an ebay one, not bad needs some work on the skirts(different lenghts). I say put the kit on. as soon as summer comes I am putting mine on myself. what kind of shocks and struts do you have? I have sprint springs and agx's and the g actually sits a little higher than it did with stock.

"If Wal-Mart is lowering prices everyday, how come nothing is free yet"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast