The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Performance or looks.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 67
    Calipso, dont change your teins for progress. Progress drops are more aggressive than the tein springs.

Back from the dead!!!

Calipso
    Quote Originally Posted by little blue
    I have the cyber 1 bumber (big opening) and the cyber 2 sides and rear in my garage. its an ebay one, not bad needs some work on the skirts(different lenghts). I say put the kit on. as soon as summer comes I am putting mine on myself. what kind of shocks and struts do you have? I have sprint springs and agx's and the g actually sits a little higher than it did with stock.
    Tein S-Tech's
    KYB AGX's

Quote Originally Posted by shortdogg2k05
    Calipso, dont change your teins for progress. Progress drops are more aggressive than the tein springs.
    If I don't get a kit, I'm getting progress. I want a lower drop if I'm not going to kit it.

Calipso
    Ok, well I've decided. I live in a crappy city where heavily modded cars are targetted. I'm going along the lines of.....

-Lower drop......Progress Springs

-New Front Bumper or Lip Kit.......either JDM front bumper or Integra Type-R half bumper

-NX Wet Kit.......turbo is going to take some time to piece together, nitrous kits aren't expensive. Going to buy a new fuel pump along with the kit, probably along with the SAFC.

-New paintjob, that much is obvious.

-CF OEM Hood. (Good luck finding that, every single time one is on sale on TGC the seller backs out or sells to someone else)

-CARPC......gotta have it.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    cool.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Calipso
    Ok, well I've decided. I live in a crappy city where heavily modded cars are targetted. I'm going along the lines of.....

-Lower drop......Progress Springs

-New Front Bumper or Lip Kit.......either JDM front bumper or Integra Type-R half bumper

-NX Wet Kit.......turbo is going to take some time to piece together, nitrous kits aren't expensive. Going to buy a new fuel pump along with the kit, probably along with the SAFC.

-New paintjob, that much is obvious.

-CF OEM Hood. (Good luck finding that, every single time one is on sale on TGC the seller backs out or sells to someone else)

-CARPC......gotta have it.
    Does an SAFC tell you the EGT readings for the nitrous? I heard EGT readings are necessary with the juice.. other than that sounds like a good setup, you keepin it Mean Green?

Calipso
    Quote Originally Posted by Serstylz2
    Does an SAFC tell you the EGT readings for the nitrous? I heard EGT readings are necessary with the juice.. other than that sounds like a good setup, you keepin it Mean Green?
    Most kits, the EGT gauges are included. If not, it's not hard to locate some.

I've done some research on club3g/eclipseforums and alot of people were saying to get SAFC-II for tuning nitrous but then again alot of people keep saying even after you program it, the ECU will reset itself anyways. Not very pleasing, but I'll most likely have to actually get it tuned properly.

I'll be using the nitrous mainly for track use up at Epping, NH speedway but it seems I'll still have to get some different spark plugs as I've been told by the nitrous gurus that colder plugs are nessicary while running nitrous. I know a guy in CT who will help with the install.

Paint color choices: Sherwood Green, Jet Black, Two tone, green lower half/black upper half or if I can locate any......the paint that changes color in the sunlight. I'd like to have the paint that is black at night and green during the day. I've seen people have that with black @ night/ blue @ day. It looked really hot. Just gotta find a place that sells it.

I feel you man, I feel you

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

If you get a Cf hood pleas paint it, I think its so much more stealthy that way. Have you looked into the reflash stuff at all or have we figured out that it flat out wont work, although I remember someone ranting about it awhile back. I would be nice if a reflash is available as that would be my preferred method of tuning.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

I think people buy cf hood because of the looks of the cf and seldom because of its weight advantage.

I like the way mine looks, but...I bought it because some jackass hit my car while it was parked one night, and then took off. Had to replace my headlights, fender and hood. It was actually cheaper to buy a ViS CF hood than it was to flatten out my hood and repaint it.

ViS CF hood from eBay (2 years ago) = $425 shipped
    Rebending my stock hood and repainting it = ~$800 (at least, that's what I was quoted)

No, I didn't really care about the weight advantage, but I did notice it when I was lifting the hood to put it on my car. ^_^

Paint color choices: Sherwood Green, Jet Black, Two tone, green lower half/black upper half or if I can locate any......the paint that changes color in the sunlight. I'd like to have the paint that is black at night and green during the day. I've seen people have that with black @ night/ blue @ day. It looked really hot. Just gotta find a place that sells it.

You can do a color an old impala buddy came up with, he called it Black kryptonite, Black basecoat with green pearl over it, so for the most part the car would look black except at certain angles were it would green.

you can see pics on his cardomain site.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/560725/1
    Signature wanted call: 1800-Darkkend

<a>Take Better Photoshots Tips from the Pro's</a>

...if I can locate any......the paint that changes color in the sunlight. I'd like to have the paint that is black at night and green during the day. I've seen people have that with black @ night/ blue @ day. It looked really hot. Just gotta find a place that sells it.
    OMG if you do find that, please post it or PM me. That'd be so killer. I want silver at day and dark blue at night. That would own. Especially if you're on the road when the sun sets!

Most kits, the EGT gauges are included. If not, it's not hard to locate some.

I've done some research on club3g/eclipseforums and alot of people were saying to get SAFC-II for tuning nitrous but then again alot of people keep saying even after you program it, the ECU will reset itself anyways. Not very pleasing, but I'll most likely have to actually get it tuned properly.

I'll be using the nitrous mainly for track use up at Epping, NH speedway but it seems I'll still have to get some different spark plugs as I've been told by the nitrous gurus that colder plugs are nessicary while running nitrous. I know a guy in CT who will help with the install.

www.alsacorp.com this should help u to find the paint ur looking for,good luck.
    Nobody built like u, u desighn ur self.

5spd swap
    full custom body conversion
    18x9 Works VS
    Big 16g evo3T next project

Yup he really needs to be banned.

Quote Originally Posted by 6G72gearhead
    Yup he really needs to be banned.
    who?

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 9G
    who?
    Now what are you guys talking about? You get off the topic quick around here, now i gotta go back and reread the whole thing to see what the hell i missed.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Its probably the spam post that got deleted.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    oh, ya the noob that got over 100 posts in 1 day.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Most kits, the EGT gauges are included. If not, it's not hard to locate some.

I'll be using the nitrous mainly for track use up at Epping, NH speedway but it seems I'll still have to get some different spark plugs as I've been told by the nitrous gurus that colder plugs are nessicary while running nitrous. I know a guy in CT who will help with the install.</div>

Calipso if you get the maft gen 2 you can see egts and control when the nos goes on with the unit and also control your fuel output. I have been using this and it is great unit. you can also have wideband tracking to help you tune at wot. Price is the same as the safc2 and later if you decide to go turbo you can convert to a gm mas and go blowthrew. This helps alot when routing intercooler piping. For colder plugs I would use ngk br7es just like the turbo guys they are one stage colder than turbo guys and about 2 stage colder than na guys.
    ASE Certified Master Automotive Tech
    2000 Galant ES = Daily Driver
    1996 Galant Turbo + 5 speed & lsd = fun ****SOLD****
    1992 Galant VR-4 #372/1000 Kensington Grey ***SOLD***

The guy in question was banned? who posted up these oh so approprate anus pictures all over the board last night.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast